Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TazG

List Of Psychological Effects of Acne

My acne isn't severe anymore, not really noticeable and getting better everyday but I still feel insecure everyday.

This are some of the effects it had on me, I don't know if it was direct but I had many personal life problems going on and the last thing that did it in was moderate acne like at the start of summer.

1. No eye contact.

2. Soft spoken.

3. Mumbling

4. Depression

5. Hate going out

6. Eating less.

7. Little to no confidence.

8. Isolating yourself from friends and families.

etc.

Add some more guys!

-acting short tempered towards people because I feel so low and frustrated when I'm all broken out. Acne turns me into an ugly person both inside and out. :(

-feeling less free and spontaneous. (Can't let anyone see me without makeup ect)

-also symptoms of OCD - constantly touching/rubbing bumps on my face, picking, scratching ect.

i really aggree with the no eye contact b/c im a rock/metal singer and like im just beggining in the music industry and i just recently got rid of my acne but before i had a real problem with eyecontact. i would never look into someones eyes when talking to them it was really woerd, i just kept my head down.

My skin got out of control this summer. I have pigment spots and because I'm light skinned makeup doesn't do much which makes me feel even more gross.

- Avoiding eye contact

- Avoiding being noticed or seen

which means I isolate myself by staying at home.

- Avoiding people

School's going to start in a few days and it's causing me to stress out.

- Depression

- Low self-confidence

- Looking at self in mirror examining face

schoolwork gets neglected more so than usual. Can't concentrate in class, preoccupied all the time. I'd always have the 'just-want-to-go-home' mentality back when my face was really bad.

Yea, I missed a lot of school. I'm still not sure if it was because if I was lazy or if it was because of my skin, pretty sure I was just indolent.

Acne has done alot

But it will never take my appetite away :naughty:

Wow, this is totally off topic, but I just wanted to point out to Kraven that I was just transferring "Stankonia" into my iPod, when I read his comment. lol What a coincidence...

Lately I've been okay with my skin, but something I've always struggled with is low self-worth. I always felt like I wasn't as valuable a person as the 'beautiful' people, and I never let my ex-boyfriends touch my face or see me without makeup (even one with quite severe acne, who I thought was gorgeous anyway... what a ridiculous double-standard).

Acne has done alot

But it will never take my appetite away :naughty:

Wow, this is totally off topic, but I just wanted to point out to Kraven that I was just transferring "Stankonia" into my iPod, when I read his comment. lol What a coincidence...

lol.

Classic album

Great Duo

Apart from all the obvious ones (depression/low self esteem/ etc) I have developed a mild case of OCD.

When I eat food I eat really carefully and literally after every mouthful I have to wipe my mouth. I basically cant stand having food/sauce on my face due to the fear of breaking out (and the general feeling of it) so I always have a pile of tissues next to me. Eating spagetti or any other messy food is insanely taxing :D

Also I cant stand touching my face with dirty hands so I am constantly washing my hands. Before i got acne I never used to wash my hands that much, but nowadays Im constantly washing them after Ive touched something remotely dirty. I dont even pet my cat that much anymore as I dont like getting my hands dirty.

for me, that terrible feeling inside of you like someone is eating you inside out.

That horrid pit in your stomach of worrying about how your face is going to look tomorrow.

boy. acne is depressing!