Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tobias

Switched to electric razor

What a difference.

All the lads out there (females too? :confused:) you gotta seriously contemplate switching if your using a manual blade. It will simply keep breaking you out. Period.

Anyway, I bought a foil, I just gotta cheapish one, but I'm looking to upgrade now and was wondering what ppl thought about rotary vs foil? I figured the rotary can probably still break you out but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, does anyone have a particular model recommendation? I'm considering a Braun Activator 8595 as seen by its great reviews here

http://www.productreview.com.au/category.php?cat_id=1160

Also, if anyone is an expert, I have a light-beard type and struggle to get a good shave around the neck/jawline area.. (don't we all)

EDIT: the braun complete 360 range all have good reviews

i just got one and its definately less irritating than a regular razor. still learnin how to use it tho lol. dont know much about em yet; its one of the ones with the 3 circles on it (Rotary??) but i forked out 200 bucks for it

leaving a little hair in the pore will lessen acne by keeping the pore open, plus less pressure on sebaceous glands helps alot. I always fail to mention this to people when they ask about my regimen, this has helped so much, but its so simple and not that fancy of a detail that i forget about its important role.

leaving a little hair in the pore will lessen acne by keeping the pore open, plus less pressure on sebaceous glands helps alot. I always fail to mention this to people when they ask about my regimen, this has helped so much, but its so simple and not that fancy of a detail that i forget about its important role.

Yeh, I can't recall seeing anything about electric razors on here but the difference is absolutely staggering, fellas really really need to get one.

This is kind of a dumb question but how do you use the electric razor right? I bought one like 4 years ago and tried using it and never could seem to get close and just ended up irritating both my face and myself. I've always just used regular razors and shaving cream and now gel. Which type is better for skin that irritates easy?

I never get irritated from using a shaver ( I buy those regular ones with a handle)

but I foam a bunch of Dan's cleanser on the area that I shave and I dont experience any cut

( I dont use the shaver that much tho...I only use it for like...once a month)

From what I've heard from most people, shaving dairly helps their acne..?

Could be the shaving cream that irritates you, I just use aloe and put it on thick without rubbing it in.

With an electric razor what do you recommend to use as a pre-shave gel/lotion and then an aftershave?? Thanks

Nothing. I mean, as far as aftershave is concerned use aloe vera gel or an ice cube or something very natural. Don't use some shit by nivea or something that you rub in, it won't help. Pre-shave - I dunno, I mean as far as I know you can't use anything with an electric razor. If I'm wrong on that please correct me :cool:, shaving with no lube is hard.

I've switched to an electric razor and it's only been 3 days but there seems to be positive results already. My electric shaver isn't a real good one prob was in the $30 range, but if this continues to help as much as its been I may look for getting a better one...

So to reiterate what you said before...

Does anyone have a particular model recommendation?

I've been using an electric shaver for as long as I can remember. The few times I shave with a normal razor my skin goes berserk. I hope some day I'll be able to shave normally because it is nice every once in a while to have baby soft skin.

From what I've heard from most people, shaving dairly helps their acne..?

I've been shaving daily after switching to an electric razor, but thats just cuz if i let it grow to much the electric razor wont cut it, is that normal or does my electric razor suck