Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vibetoon

The regimen time-problems

I am thinking about starting the regimen. I have tried many other things, I even went to my doctor and I got antibiotics, I am not finished with that regimen yet, but I don't think it will help, to be hounest.

But, I think it seems like the regimen takes a quite big amount of time each time. And with my mornig routines it isn't easy getting a quarter or 20 minutes into it. Getting up at 6.20, leaving for school at 7.20, and having a tight schedule on shraing the bathroom with two others, I am not sure if will manage to make it fit in it. So my question is, do I have to let my skin dry for 15 minutes? Do I have to smear the one cream around for about 5 minutes?

It does take a while, and if you want The Regimen to really work, yeah, you're going to have to be willing to set aside a chunk of time for it. I mean, personally, I don't wait fifteen minutes between steps. I wash my face, wait about five or ten minutes, apply the BP (this part takes a few minutes, since you have to be gentle--you don't want to aggressively rub the BP in, you want to gently smooth it over your face until it absorbs, and that takes time), then wait another five minutes or so before I apply moisturizer. (To be clear, though, I use Neutrogena On The Spot, which dries faster than Dan's BP, although, from what I gather, it's not quite as gentle, and it tends to leave a pale film on my face.)

Some people find it's easier to fit The Regimen into their schedule if they get other stuff done between steps. You know, like, wash their face, then have breakfast, then apply the BP, then pack their lunch or whatever... Maybe that would help? I mean, it's really up to you, but I can't recall seeing any posts where anyone said, "Hey, I totally rushed through the steps and it was great!".

When it all comes down to it, I guess you just have to ask yourself whether or not you're willing to make time for clear skin.