Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this.

When my face is driest (usually after I wash the moisturizer off my face), I'll get these little, itchy, "bug-bite" bumps on my face. They generally occur on the driest areas of my face (the outsides of my face), and begin as flat, inflamed splotches, about as big as a penny. These splotches will then turn into little bumps and will itch considerably. After 30-60 minutes, the redness will leave. After a few hours, the entire bump will be gone without a trace.

I don't think they're pimples, since they itch and leave after a few hours. Plus they only seem to occur when I wash my face, though they have occurred at different times. They've become worse since Accutane starting drying my skin out. I'm pretty positive that they started while I was using a different cleanser than I use now, so I doubt it's my Cetaphil cleanser causing them. My whole regimen has changed since I started getting them, so I also doubt it's any of my other products. Any ideas??

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this.

When my face is driest (usually after I wash the moisturizer off my face), I'll get these little, itchy, "bug-bite" bumps on my face. They generally occur on the driest areas of my face (the outsides of my face), and begin as flat, inflamed splotches, about as big as a penny. These splotches will then turn into little bumps and will itch considerably. After 30-60 minutes, the redness will leave. After a few hours, the entire bump will be gone without a trace.

I don't think they're pimples, since they itch and leave after a few hours. Plus they only seem to occur when I wash my face, though they have occurred at different times. They've become worse since Accutane starting drying my skin out. I'm pretty positive that they started while I was using a different cleanser than I use now, so I doubt it's my Cetaphil cleanser causing them. My whole regimen has changed since I started getting them, so I also doubt it's any of my other products. Any ideas??

Sounds like an allergic reaction of some sort. I get itchy bumps on my arms sometimes and put this ointment my derm gave me for eczema that appeared on my hands because of the accutane. It clears it up pretty fast. I would just tell your derm.

Hey i have that too

i am on topical erythromycin

it's a liquid

i thought i was the only one that had those

i get them on the sides of my face!

they take about like one week to come off or more

and if you pop them like keep scratching at them to get them to go to a head

they come off

:)

I get this exact same thing from time to time. Doesn't happen to often though, maybe once every couple of weeks i will get one or two. and usually its on my forehead, i actually get one thats re-occurring in one spot.

it starts off with a small itch in the area so usually i take my finger and rub it gently. about 5 minutes later a red mark will appear, followed by a small bump, that may last for 30 mins, or a couple hours but then vanishes completely as if it wasn't there. I don't mind these too much considering how fast they go away, but sometimes they pop up at bad times. It has happened to me on more than 1 occasion where it happens right when im about to leave the house.

I get this exact same thing from time to time. Doesn't happen to often though, maybe once every couple of weeks i will get one or two. and usually its on my forehead, i actually get one thats re-occurring in one spot.

it starts off with a small itch in the area so usually i take my finger and rub it gently. about 5 minutes later a red mark will appear, followed by a small bump, that may last for 30 mins, or a couple hours but then vanishes completely as if it wasn't there. I don't mind these too much considering how fast they go away, but sometimes they pop up at bad times. It has happened to me on more than 1 occasion where it happens right when im about to leave the house.

Wow, that's exactly it! I've been moisturizing 3x a day since I posted this topic, and I haven't gotten any new ones. It seems they only appear when my skin is too dry. :/ Mine started appearing after I began using topical Clindamycin a year ago, but I don't know if that's related at all. Hmm...

deadbeat007 - interesting that you say it comes from the skin being dry, because i actually noticed i get a lot more of these when im at work, where it is extremely dry. however i haven't had any of the bug bites since i started accutane just over 2 weeks ago. i'll have to see if i get any more as the weeks and months continue (hopefully not!)

I've been getting these too! They're so annoying because they itch like crazy. I put Tea Tree Oil on them and that helps to curb the itch a little. I use Tazorac and have been on it for a few years, but I just starting getting the itch bumps this summer. Very odd!