Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I will never judge a person by appearances again. If I ever become fully clear, I will try to look inward and appreciate what really matters. Everyone is trying so hard, so hard. I want to appreciate the pain, the dirty, but mostly the good. I don't want to live in a world of fake perfection, the kind of commodity that society is trying to shove down my throat. I want to live with reflection on all things. How I think. How I act. I will not thrive on first impresssions like most people do. I will be wet ash that no fire can ignite.

When I talk to people, I want to know everything about them. Their circumstances and where they come from. I don't want to float be in shallow waters and paddle along oblivious to what is really ailing them. I want to submerge myself into the deep, no matter how painful it is. I want to be honest and frank about how I feel. I don't want to deny that I am a superficial person; I only want to recognize and strive to be a better person.

Acne is not a lesson that anyone deserves. But why shouldn't we get anything out of affliction? It doesn't have to be a lesson from God so we can learn from it. What sets you apart are your circumstances? How many people can say that they have had 10 cysts on their face that don't even heal in a month? How many people have lost friends over their appearances? How many people have had their own parents tell them that they look terrible? How many people have had their doctor tell them that?

In this superficial world, appearances are everything. They are your free lunch. But why do we have contend with this world? Why do we have live in the standards of this world? Why can't we emerge victorious and different and more sophisticated and powerful? I hate drama, i hate the dramatic. But the days where I was crying in my room like a sissy, unable to go out with my friends of the painful wounds on my face---that is what makes me have more character. I need to get something out of this experience that sets me apart. If no, how many years have I wasted on this problem? I need to work hard and develop my own skills in the meantime. I need the confidence to face the world when my acne clears. A new confidence that seperates men from boys;; women from girls. Not the confidence that rests on how I look from one day to the next--but a confidence from within, that pierces any situation, that pierces any of the superficial glances, talk and rumors. I will give thanks and always be aware of that which supports me despite the pain taht no one understands--remember my friends, parents, and my God. Remembering their support, i will look at people straight in the eye. Life is a freakin furnance, let's take the the jump!

Yep, That's it. my most emo post of whcih I'm not ashamed. damn acne!

tltr, but i got the jizz of it. I thin its great and having acne has given good and bad things. One thing good is, like you were saying, makes me humble. We all have to fight this together with no discrimination. One love.

I agree it is a little long to read but I def. agree w/everything you said. I mean I don't think I could wish acne on even my worst enemy...this is one of the worst things I have ever had to deal with and I wish that no one else had to deal with it either but at the same time it's nice to have someone to sympathize with

Too long to read? Seemed perfectly reasonable to me, there's no need to apologise John.

Good for you that you feel this way, I think it's a great attitude to have and if you can keep it up then props to you.