Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brokendoll

oh proactiv....love... hate... love hate......

I think its worked.. its been about a month and i'm finally clear. I want to switch though- the lotion makes my skin too oily- i'm scared to come off though because people say their skin freaks out worse than before when they stop...

but isnt BP just BP? like wouldnt a 2.5 BP wash be the same as the proactiv BP wash? i dont get it... if its just BP than why would switching to another BP cause such a mess?

i'm running low and dont want to buy more proactiv.... so any recommendations?

i like the glycolic toner though... but thats expensive too- cant touch any stuff on ebay either- whats a good glyc toner substitute? avon retexturizing wipes? can you use those every day?

ugh. help. i dont wanna break out again. im finally able to look at people in the eye when i leave my house- hell i'm actually ABLE TO LEAVE MY HOUSE- miricle enough... since its been so long!should i just stick with the proactiv? ugh.

Well yes bp is bp so I would suggest "the regimen" I'm on it and no irritation so far I have only been on it a few days and it has already helped clear up like 5 of my smaller zits and the moisturizer tht comes with it isn't too oily at all actually it has kind of a matte finish to it and it is suppost to help absorb oil while it hydrates and I think it does what it says

Also a good toner would be one by ponds ( I think its kind of gellish) I have used it b4 and its good and also I think you could be just fine using the avon wipes every day if u wanted

I think its worked.. its been about a month and i'm finally clear. I want to switch though- the lotion makes my skin too oily- i'm scared to come off though because people say their skin freaks out worse than before when they stop...

but isnt BP just BP? like wouldnt a 2.5 BP wash be the same as the proactiv BP wash? i dont get it... if its just BP than why would switching to another BP cause such a mess?

i'm running low and dont want to buy more proactiv.... so any recommendations?

i like the glycolic toner though... but thats expensive too- cant touch any stuff on ebay either- whats a good glyc toner substitute? avon retexturizing wipes? can you use those every day?

ugh. help. i dont wanna break out again. im finally able to look at people in the eye when i leave my house- hell i'm actually ABLE TO LEAVE MY HOUSE- miricle enough... since its been so long!should i just stick with the proactiv? ugh.

I used proactive about 2 years ago and at first after the initial breaking out then clearing up part it was all good and i was acne free but once I ran out and got a new kit it suddently stopped working for me and i did the whole thing every night. I've read other postings about it working for so long then stopping so personally I think Proactive is a scam that is only popular because it has celebrity endorsement and works initially. I have also talked to some who swear by it but I think they were mostly people with light acne. I would say unless you really like it and it's working well find something else because Proactive is really expensive and there are many cheaper products out there that work too. I actually just finished up IObagi's Clenziderm and it definitely worked but it is just really harsh on my skin so i'm currently looking around for some new stuff to try out, and leaning more toward gentler stuff.