Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac101

How come when I look in the mirror of my house, I look awesome...

...but if I take a picture of my face, it shows all my flaws? And everyone in school somehow see all my flaws too, what the hell is up with that

Lighting. Some lights are also more flattering to people than others; the bright white fluorescents aren't the most lovely for people unless they're as gorgeous as Angelina Jolie and even she might have one flaw if seen under fluorescent light and no makeup!

generally, the brighter the light, the worse you are going to look. especially in a still photo.

I actually look almost clear in bright yellow lighting or basically any bright lighting other than white/fluorescent lighting. I think it's because I have mostly brown spots left(hyperpigmentation), which get lightened up by bright lights. But in white lighting I clash terribly and some of my brown marks are almost like a red/purple/brown color and it can look really bad at times.. Same when I look in something like a car mirror, my skin looks very uneven and damaged. I guess I'll be content the day I look good in a car mirror or any white lighting because then I'll know I'll look flawless in any other lighting -_-. Can't wait 'til that day comes

generally, the brighter the light, the worse you are going to look. especially in a still photo.

I actually look almost clear in bright yellow lighting or basically any bright lighting other than white/fluorescent lighting. I think it's because I have mostly brown spots left(hyperpigmentation), which get lightened up by bright lights. But in white lighting I clash terribly and some of my brown marks are almost like a red/purple/brown color and it can look really bad at times.. Same when I look in something like a car mirror, my skin looks very uneven and damaged. I guess I'll be content the day I look good in a car mirror or any white lighting because then I'll know I'll look flawless in any other lighting -_-. Can't wait 'til that day comes

Yeah, if I look into my rear view mirror in my car and I look good, I know I'm doing good for the day.

For me, the reason why the rear view mirror shows everything is because its not on the same level as my face, so it shows all the bumps that you normally wouldn't see strait on.

I find that bathroom lighting is the best and most flattering. However, sunlght and flourescent/white lighting are probably the worst and looking into car mirrors are just absolutely dreadful.....

I should really start wearing makeup...

I know what you guys mean, fluorescent and sunlight really make the spots visible especially if it's a hot day - when the blood pressure starts going up the acne starts getting redder:(

yes, white light is the worst and flashes on some cameras.

stress only makes acne worse so I would suggest using a yeloow light when u wake up in the morning to make u more confident or have the light at ur back. This way u aren't stressing the whole day about ur acne plus I find that I am more fun and outgoing when Im not worried about what ppl think about my skin