Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
no idea

Do I need a toner in my skin regimen?

Here's my regimen thus far:

MORNING:

Wash with Purpose Face Wash

Moisturize with Olay complete (sensitive version)

NIGHT:

Wash with Purpose Face Wash

Moisturize with Olay complete (sensitive version)

Apply Clindamycin 1% lotion

Apply Tazorac Cream 0.1%

Apply Benzaclin (used as a spot treatment only)

Now the problem is I'm still getting acne spots, and I'm still getting quite shiny throughout the day.

Should I incorporate a toner in my regimen? Is it necessary? and if so, can you recommend me a toner I should use?

Thank you all!

I think that a toner definitely helps. Witch Hazel is your best bet. I use the Dickinson's brand and it's amazing. Keeps my skin super clean and free of any dirt and oil. I find that it also helps shrink my pores and pimples. It makes my skin more radiant and glowy.

I think that a toner definitely helps. Witch Hazel is your best bet. I use the Dickinson's brand and it's amazing. Keeps my skin super clean and free of any dirt and oil. I find that it also helps shrink my pores and pimples. It makes my skin more radiant and glowy.

but will the witch hazel dry me out too much? especially with my regimen?

no, it most definitely won't dry your skin out at all. It actually gets rid of any tightness or dryness you may feel after washing your face with a cleanser. I use basically the same products as you. The purpose gentle cleansing wash and olay complete are good choices. It will work well with your regimen.

oh and i forgot one thing, it's best NOT to use the same moisturizer that you use in the morning because it has SPF and specifically meant to keep your skin protected from the sun and moisturized throughout the day. instead, get cetaphil moisturizing lotion and jojoba oil...if you're experiencing dryness...then this will definitely help =]