Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im not postin this because "i want to kill myself" or anything like dat. im just wondering why do we care about acne. im just want 2 know ur insights into this acne thing

i have acne 2

For me, acne is painful and uncomfortable. I can't wait until I can touch my face without hitting a sore cyst or something. :)

I also want to feel good about myself. No matter how nice I actually look, the negatives will always draw more attention than the positives.

For me, acne is painful and uncomfortable.
I can't wait until I can touch my face without hitting a sore cyst or something. :)

I also want to feel good about myself. No matter how nice I actually look, the negatives will always draw more attention than the positives.

same here. i cant wait until i touch my face and it feels like a babys bottom (lol). but i do not have cystic acne but i still feel ya girl

Im not postin this because "i want to kill myself" or anything like dat. im just wondering why do we care about acne. im just want 2 know ur insights into this acne thing

i have acne 2

People care about acne because they see it as something they cannot control. People like control, they like reasons and order. People aren't perfect in their everyday activities but know reasons why or find solutions as to why. Imagine learning a bunch of stuff without reason. You would have similar feelings. Now put that on the body and you got similar feelings 24/7. It would be like brushing your teeth everyday only to see them getting dirtier and dirtier. Skin is the same way. We all take care of our skin but find it out of control. Without the control, people question their ability to control other things in life and question their life in general. Without control, humans feel incomplete.

-Necromancer, Uncut and Raw

I don't think I have control issues. In fact, in general I think I'm a lazy person and that if it weren't for my mom making me brush my teeth when I was 4 years old, I probably wouldn't do it now (or maybe I would because I wouldn't want to stink, but then again I'd probably be an entirely different person ...) I think I care because I want my outside to match my inside, do you know what I mean? Sometimes, I don't care (especially when I can't cover it up and I have school or a meeting or something.) I think I adopt that attitude more as a defense mechanism. For the most part, I am pretty self-conscious and if anything when I am interacting with others I want my personality to be what they notice and not my acne. But I guess that's the way most people feel. Nobody wants to be judged by his or her looks; then again, first impressions are everything (especially if you believe in love at first sight) I don't know what I'm talking about. It's late! :shrug:

Because unfortunately, we live in a visually driven society. We care because we think other people care and in some cases people do. :( Society says: it's not in the norm to have acne so therefore it is unacceptable.

So for people who do have acne...

We're psychologically damaged because of it.

Because unfortunately, we live in a visually driven society. We care because we think other people care and in some cases people do. :( Society says: it's not in the norm to have acne so therefore it is unacceptable.

I don't think that's necessarily true; not that society formed our ideas of beauty nor that we're psychologically damaged. I think beauty is more objective than subjective. Aristotle wrote, "To be beautiful, a living creature, and every whole made up of parts, must no only present a certain order in its arrangement of parts, but also be of a certain definite magnitude." I think beauty can be found in unity, proportion, and symmetry. I also think that in beauty lies an instrinsic goodness that can't be denied. As far as psychologically damaged... maybe I've changed my mind.

Confidence issues for me..I know I'm good looking and have a lot of good traits but acne can really ruin that potential. I've been told before that it doesn't matter and my other features shadow the acne marking but I won't be satisfied until I see that when I look in the mirror. I still see a 'dirty' looking face with a lot of marks, dry, dead skin and mild but persistent acne.. I don't want to blame it for all my confidence issues but at this point having clear skin would make me feel like I'm on a high and I'd probably feel really confident and much less self conscious.

I've let up so many opportunities with girls, especially ones staring at me blatantly, smiling and basically asking me to approach them in class or bars/clubs... But I don't have the confidence, partly because of a self image problem. I want to like myself again and the way I look but a marked up face can make that hard at times. I'm also 21 and don't know, or don't see a ton of people with acne in my age group so that makes it even harder.

I don't think clearing up would magically solve all my problems but it would be a big step in being able to "love myself" again, which would help a lot of issues like meeting new people, specifically girls.

Confidence issues for me..I know I'm good looking and have a lot of good traits but acne can really ruin that potential. I've been told before that it doesn't matter and my other features shadow the acne marking but I won't be satisfied until I see that when I look in the mirror. I still see a 'dirty' looking face with a lot of marks, dry, dead skin and mild but persistent acne.. I don't want to blame it for all my confidence issues but at this point having clear skin would make me feel like I'm on a high and I'd probably feel really confident and much less self conscious.

I've let up so many opportunities with girls, especially ones staring at me blatantly, smiling and basically asking me to approach them in class or bars/clubs... But I don't have the confidence, partly because of a self image problem. I want to like myself again and the way I look but a marked up face can make that hard at times. I'm also 21 and don't know, or don't see a ton of people with acne in my age group so that makes it even harder.

I don't think clearing up would magically solve all my problems but it would be a big step in being able to "love myself" again, which would help a lot of issues like meeting new people, specifically girls.

man that is like my life story

I care because I don't want people to see my acne before they see 'me.' I don't want people to define me by my complexion and just think of me as 'the girl with the pimples.' People who were incredibly lucky in having near perfect skin can sometimes be completely oblivious to the feelings of people who weren't quite so lucky.

I care because I hate waking up to see scars, blackheads and who knows what else. I'd love to be able to wake up one day and be able to look in the mirror and not spend the next 15 minutes or so examining my skin for new pimples, inactive acne...

I care because my self-esteem has taken a major nosedive because of it. I can't talk to someone without wondering what they're thinking. "Is he staring at my acne?" "Is she about to try and give me advice on some treatments?" "Is she actually interested in our talk or is she too caught up on the blackheads on my nose?"

Basically I care for the same reasons as everyone else. We care, because everyone makes us think that we have to care and for some reason or another...we believe them.

Having acne totally shoves one's self esteem down the chute. I'm so sick of looking in the mirror each morning, obsessing over zits, and trying to distract people from it with a lot of jewelry or whatever. And then it's kind of a stabbing pain in your mind when you know you have to go out, even if its to the supermarket. I find it a lot harder to start a chat with someone or volunteer for something because it involves people looking at me, when I want my face to be as out of sight as possible. And then the paranoia...that other people don't want to speak/work/etc. with you because of your skin, or you think they're making snide comments in their head. It's more of the fact that I stick out in school, because I am one of the few lucky ducklings to have their faces ravaged by some disease. I guess that will change soon enough, but I wouldn't wish acne on my worst enemy. It's depressing, but at least it can be tamed now and then.

Good luck, everyone. C:

I don't think that's necessarily true; not that society formed our ideas of beauty nor that we're psychologically damaged. I think beauty is more objective than subjective. Aristotle wrote, "To be beautiful, a living creature, and every whole made up of parts, must no only present a certain order in its arrangement of parts, but also be of a certain definite magnitude." I think beauty can be found in unity, proportion, and symmetry. I also think that in beauty lies an instrinsic goodness that can't be denied. As far as psychologically damaged... maybe I've changed my mind.

That's a very candid reply. And Aristotle was a brilliant man but not everyone thinks in a philosophical and deep way (althoug more people should). The word "shallow" is the exact opposite of "deep." and most people are not deep thinkers. I'd hate to sound cynical but I'm probably coming of that way. It's just such a harsh world.

I think it is because we as people generally have a hard time accepting things. We like to understand, we need to understand. Not understanding leaves a hole in ones life that is hard to fill. However sometimes we just have to accept things that we cannot control and acne is one of those. Sure we can treat it with meds but ultimately we know it is still there just laying dormant when being controlled by meds.

I accepted a long time ago i have acne and may have it for the rest of my life but once i accepted it I found peace with it and it no longer held me back.

As a whole human beings are selfish. We like to let others know how we feel because to yourself or myself as an individual we think to ourselfs "you can't know how I feel or how bad this is hurting me" and when that happens we feel like the lonelyest person in the world. It bares a stricking similarity to a break up with a boyfriend or a girlfriend. When that happens you feel as if you are the only person in the world that has ever felt this way.

It can take time to accept things but when you do it is a good feeling, only then can you start to move on and not let anything get in your way. You have to refuse to be stopped.

I think it is because we as people generally have a hard time accepting things. We like to understand, we need to understand. Not understanding leaves a hole in ones life that is hard to fill. However sometimes we just have to accept things that we cannot control and acne is one of those. Sure we can treat it with meds but ultimately we know it is still there just laying dormant when being controlled by meds.

I accepted a long time ago i have acne and may have it for the rest of my life but once i accepted it I found peace with it and it no longer held me back.

As a whole human beings are selfish. We like to let others know how we feel because to yourself or myself as an individual we think to ourselfs "you can't know how I feel or how bad this is hurting me" and when that happens we feel like the lonelyest person in the world. It bares a stricking similarity to a break up with a boyfriend or a girlfriend. When that happens you feel as if you are the only person in the world that has ever felt this way.

It can take time to accept things but when you do it is a good feeling, only then can you start to move on and not let anything get in your way. You have to refuse to be stopped.

I agree. Human beings do carry around the burden of thinking,"No one knows what I'm going through sooo....." It's a heavy burden. Probably, to a certain extent, a heavier one then acne itself. Well put.

I just have been dealing with for like 6-8 years now, and I just want to win the battle. I recently just passed High School and that was a battle, and now my final battle will be with this stuff. I also want to become a actor, and I just want to look my best for it. I want to be able to help people out, and take my girlfriend across the world.

Guest missyjean130

I care less about acne and I care more about getting this Rouge to the trancendant class....but I have to get to job lvl 40 and blah blah...and even with 5x exp its really slow.

I care less about acne and I care more about getting this Rouge to the trancendant class....but I have to get to job lvl 40 and blah blah...and even with 5x exp its really slow.

Dork

:P

Why? It's just because people should take care of themselves. Imagine what people would be like if they didn't care and didn't do anything about it.

Guest missyjean130

Dork

:P

Oh I dare YOU to go from Thief>rogue>stalker on ragnarok online! *glare*

jk.

But anyways, the point of saying that rediculous post was, focus more on something you love to do...takes your mind away from your face! For me, it's obviously playing video games. I can pwn all of you :shifty2: