Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tommy_boi

Wet Shaving = Acne

Well thought i'd give wet shaving ago since i haven't wet shaves in months now, anyways i wish i hadn't, i've now got a big red spot on my neck, and loads of red spots and a rash, my neck looks a right mess, before i did this and when i was dry shaving with my electric razor my neck was perfect, and has been for a very long time, has anyone else experienced this?.

Hmm. Wet shaving actually doesn't bother me! I guess since I've been doing it for so long. It works well for my skin, and I don't experience any type of breakouts from doing it.

What type (brand) of electric razor do you use?

Well the razor that i use is the wilkinson sword, not exactly a cheap disposable razor and i still get red marks, spots, and all kind of problems from wet shaving, at the moment my neck looks the worse it has done in months and all from wet shaving, people say i look better with a bit of facial hair anyway so i think i'm gonna go back to dry shaving with my electric razor, i rarely had problems with acne on my neck that way.

Im with Panda1, I have tried everything, its sooooo frustrating, I think If I didnt have to shave and had no facial hair, then Id have no acne......pisses me off to the max, and I just give up now LOL...Maybe i should grow a huge ugly beard all over my face!!!

I shave in the shower wwith a disposable razor blade, two blades....still dont help!

Im with Panda1, I have tried everything, its sooooo frustrating, I think If I didnt have to shave and had no facial hair, then Id have no acne......pisses me off to the max, and I just give up now LOL...Maybe i should grow a huge ugly beard all over my face!!!

I shave in the shower wwith a disposable razor blade, two blades....still dont help!

If you grow a beard it doesn't have to be huge and ugly as you say, most people say i look better with facial hair, i think with some people facial hair looks better than clean shaved, i think with me it does and i think not wet shaving everyday does work better with acne.

I've noticed something else aswell, everytime i shave i get a big red rash on my neck which comes up with loads of white head type spots, why is this, this is the second time i've tried shaving now and i'm still getting problems.

i've found what i'm talking about, one of the two, there isn't any real prevention though unless you stop shaving or use an electric shaver which i was using before.

http://www.sesderma.co.uk/folliculitis.htm

http://www.bad.org.uk/public/leaflets/pseudofolliculitis.asp