Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
i_munna_eachoo

Is it OKAY to exfoliate for moderate acne?

Hmmmm i've been using a BP wash twice a day, with differin at night (This was prescribed by my doctor btw) It's been two and a half weeks and I've noticed my skin got flatter, some big pimples went away leaving ugly spots hahah XD Anyways, I guess it's better than no progress at all... But my face would become REALLY dry, and my huge acne would literally scab up. So my mom bought me a face sponge called Buf Puf, it was really gentle, and took out 80% of my dry skin after one use, and when I felt my face it was really smooth. Will exfoliating help? Or will it just slow down the process of my acne healing. I couldn't believe how much dry skin accumulated on my face/acne :confused: Please reply, thanks!

It seems like you're just overdoing it with all the harsh products. Why not just do the Differin for a few weeks on its own until you get used to it and then add in the BP if you feel like your skin can handle it. I remember when I was on Retin-A my skin got incredibly dry for the first few months and I stuck to BP as a spot treatment only. If your skin is actually scabbed up, I think exfoliating is the last thing you want to do since it will slow the healing time. Once you're to the point where you don't have much in terms of inflamed acne, then you can probably feel safe exfoliating once or twice a week.

It seems like you're just overdoing it with all the harsh products. Why not just do the Differin for a few weeks on its own until you get used to it and then add in the BP if you feel like your skin can handle it. I remember when I was on Retin-A my skin got incredibly dry for the first few months and I stuck to BP as a spot treatment only. If your skin is actually scabbed up, I think exfoliating is the last thing you want to do since it will slow the healing time. Once you're to the point where you don't have much in terms of inflamed acne, then you can probably feel safe exfoliating once or twice a week.

Thanks for the info ^^ Ahhh, my doctor told me to use the wash and the differin at the same time T~T I guess it's because my skin is pretty sensitive. I remember using clearasil and it irritated my skin so bad >.< I just hope at least the flaking would go away since school starts next week >=O ahhhhh XD Thanks though, yeah... Maybe i'll try using differin by itself for a few weeks =O