Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AriadnaLoli

Red Bull and acne

I love Red Bull. I normally drink at least two a day. I'm wondering if maybe this could be problematic for my skin. I can't go without it without feeling tired, cranky, and lifeless. I feel that I need it to get through each day. Yet, I'm wondering how acne and Red Bull are related.

Where is your acne?

Well, most of it's on my forehead. It's always my forehead (my doctor said it's my main breakout spot...the only place I need to worry about). I broke out on each side of my chin this past month, which happens once in a blue moon.

Liquids can just go straight to the bloodstream right? especially if you have leaky gut

Like necromancer says, anything but water and perhaps minimal tea is heading in a bad direction

Red Bull is full of caffeine. My body is so sensitive to caffeine that I break-out even if I drink decaffeinated tea or coffee. Keep in mind that such drinks are not 100% decaffeinated. If I were you, I would stop drinking Red Bull. Caffeine is addictive and it is something that you must try to wean yourself off, much like one would do with smoking. Once you are on a low-caffeine diet, I can almost guarantee that your acne will improve. Caffeine causes the same hormonal effect on the body as stress.

I think redbull actually helps acne. If you are not eating enough and you've been drinking redbull, you will breakout. Caffeine increases stomach acid which helps digestion, so it should help your acne. So when you are drinking redbull is probably the more important factor with acne.

Redbull may increase stomach acidity, but all of the caffeine and sugar outweighs any good effect the higher stomach acidity would have.

If I were you, I would quit the Redbull. Since caffeine is something hard to quit drinking cold turkey, try tea instead. It has a lot less caffeine, no sugar (if you don't add any) and it's really good for you.

I drank the sugar free Redbull to an absolute excess - my regular intake would be 4 cans a day, more if I could get some. I believed that I needed it to get through the day.

But I am currently on my third Redbull free day! Whoooo!

I think it has had a detrimental effect on my acne and made it worse. I'll report back if anything gets any better without the Red Bull!

I had one Red Bull yesterday, but it was my little brother's eleventh birthday party. I've gone over a week without one (not counting yesterday's). My dermatologist told me caffeine and acne are related because of the way it can affect your stress hormones. I'm noticing a couple of zits on each cheek, which is a rare place to breakout for me, but nothing major. I'll zap them with the Proactiv refining mask. :proud: Gosh, I love emoticons! :razz: