Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fukacne

Accutane worked for me Pics to prove

I took an 80mg perday subscription for 120 days. From January 08 to April. My acne was mild from 15 to 17, but after hitting 17 I got hit hard with severe acne.

Here is a picture of myself at 17 in August 07.

post-67026-1220137589_thumb.jpg

My acne eventually got worse then that a few months later. Then in January I went on tane.

Here is the end result, I took this picture probably in June.

post-67026-1220137743_thumb.jpg

Now the lighting really works towards my advantage to hide the scars but thats pretty much the end result. I'm very happy with the way I turned out. I do get the occasional zit here and there but they go away shortly. So keep your head up, I look back at my pictures and couldn't believe I put up with that shit, I thought about suicide alot, but I kept going and look where it got me :).

post-67026-1220137589_thumb.jpg

post-67026-1220137743_thumb.jpg

You look great!! Congrats on finishing you course. Thank you for the post. Very inspiring when people post their success stories.

Again Congrats!!

Initial breakout wasn't too bad, a few new tiny zitz perday but after a week it was gone. The only side effects I got were the common ones: dry skin, dry lips, dry eyes. I also had backpain the whole course, everytime I would lay down to go to sleep my back would be in alot of pain for about 30 seconds lol. I also noticed I would sweat alot more. Now that I've been off of it for a few months now, my skin is oil free, it feels really smooth but its not dry and flaky. The backpain is also gone, and I think my increased sweating is starting to go back to normal. I would take 2 40mg at once perday. Sometimes I would take them not with a big meal, didn't seem to effect anything.

Wow that's amazing!

I'm starting Accutane in a few weeks, and was kinda losing my motivation, but holy crap if it works that good I can't wait to start!

How long did it take to start seeing results?

Thanks guys. Yea, that time period was one of the most depressing times of my life. My father had just passed away in January 07, I think a lot of that stress may have triggered the ridiculous amount of acne I got, who knows tho.

Wow that's amazing!

I'm starting Accutane in a few weeks, and was kinda losing my motivation, but holy crap if it works that good I can't wait to start!

How long did it take to start seeing results?

I started seeing results first month in, not drastic results but slowly noticeable changes. Probably about half way through my second month I stopped breaking out completely. Id wake up every morning and look in the mirror and not have to pop zit after zit, it's a great feeling. Some people I work with hadn't seen me for like 3 months, and they were shocked at how different I looked. Oh and I can also look at people in the eyes when I talk to them.

I started seeing results first month in, not drastic results but slowly noticeable changes. Probably about half way through my second month I stopped breaking out completely. Id wake up every morning and look in the mirror and not have to pop zit after zit, it's a great feeling. Some people I work with hadn't seen me for like 3 months, and they were shocked at how different I looked. Oh and I can also look at people in the eyes when I talk to them.

So sorry to hear about your father..

I'm so souped to start, Ive tried everything under the sun for 5 years, heard about accutane 3 months ago, and cannot wait. Fingers crossed though...heard some horror stories about it...

So sorry to hear about your father..

I'm so souped to start, Ive tried everything under the sun for 5 years, heard about accutane 3 months ago, and cannot wait. Fingers crossed though...heard some horror stories about it...

Thank u so much for the inspiring story and for posting the pictures! You look great :)

It is a tough ride, but eventually we'll all be clear :pray: (fingers crossed!)

hey!

wow thats fantastic ! its so great to see these fantastic results- im on day111 and still breaking out here and there but its getting better- your skin healed so quickly so thats great!!!

x

I am soooooo happy for you! I hope this lasts forever so you never have to feel that way before. I am on accutane for the 3rd time now and some advice I would give to you is to stay on some other oral acne treatment to make sure you stay clear or if you dont want to do that, cause I know how annoying it is to go to the derm all the time. But if you are not gonna be on anything else, I would watch your skin very closely and if you think you are starting to break out again, go into the derm asap before it gets too bad again. I unfortunately waited to long am an on accutane again. but good luck!

dude that is so awesome. thank you so much for posting this, gives me some hope. i look forward to the day when i can look people in the eyes and smile more, and not have to look at new zits that have formed every time i look in the mirror. being acne free could possibly make my life do a 180, which im sure happened to you. congrats dude.

Initial breakout wasn't too bad, a few new tiny zitz perday but after a week it was gone. The only side effects I got were the common ones: dry skin, dry lips, dry eyes. I also had backpain the whole course, everytime I would lay down to go to sleep my back would be in alot of pain for about 30 seconds lol. I also noticed I would sweat alot more. Now that I've been off of it for a few months now, my skin is oil free, it feels really smooth but its not dry and flaky. The backpain is also gone, and I think my increased sweating is starting to go back to normal. I would take 2 40mg at once perday. Sometimes I would take them not with a big meal, didn't seem to effect anything.

Your back pain went away? I had the same problem while on accutane. My back would like cramp up for 30 seconds. Just want to make sure it went away. I've been off accutane for 2 days now.