Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i checked my face 2 hours after i did my regimen and i was very happy with what i saw. so i decide to take a pic for acne.org and i see the picture and it seems like my whole face is purple spots. when it has very little red marks now. so do u hate the camera 2??

I hate the camera too sometimes.

It just makes me realize how ugly I really look w/ my acne and all :(

I feel that what the human eye sees is much more forgiving than any mirror or camera.. Most people won't notice every single blemish you worry about and may just notice the bigger ones at most, but still not care. Like, to me in certain mirrors and pictures I can see a lot of my hyperpigmentation but in person no one ever cares or notices. I still get really down though and it's not necessarily that I'll care what people think, it's more of a self-improvement thing and until I can't see any marks, I'll still stress about it. But knowing that the human eye is much less judgmental than you, a mirror or a photo is can help to get through it a little easier.

The camera doesn't really make my red spots look worse or anything (they're almost gone for now), but I am totally not photogenic. I can be looking my very best and have a picture taken and have the stupidest expression or a squinty eye or something else awful to completely ruin the picture. It sucks.

I can't take pictures, acne or no acne. I could never take pictures well before I had acne and I can't now. I'm quite the opposite of photogenic.

The biggest difference you will find in pictures is how happy you are in that picture. If you give a genuine smile when the picture is taken, I don't care how broken out you are, you will look good.

The other day I was getting some ice cream with my girlfriend and one of the servers had the most severe acne I have ever seen in my life. Very quickly I forgot about his acne because of his bubbly personality. If you look depressed and sad in a picture, it is just going to compound on how bad your acne is. When you look at a picture of yourself and see yourself sad, you are obviously NOT going to like it.

Yesh, I have hated getting my pictures taken ever since acne came into my life. I just dont want to see my picture and go "Yeesh."

I didn't even buy school pictures this year, lol. I also kinda stopped caring about it, its not that important to me anymore.

Yesh, I have hated getting my pictures taken ever since acne came into my life. I just dont want to see my picture and go "Yeesh."

I didn't even buy school pictures this year, lol. I also kinda stopped caring about it, its not that important to me anymore.

:lol: All my school pics from the past 5yrs have been shredded the moment I walked in the door - that is, when I actually showed up for photo day (I skipped the last 3 photo shoots).

:lol: All my school pics from the past 5yrs have been shredded the moment I walked in the door - that is, when I actually showed up for photo day (I skipped the last 3 photo shoots).

hah :clap:

Surprisingly some photos look awesome when you don't except them. My boyfriend sneaks pictures of me and obviously I'm camera shy due to fact of all my flaws... But I was surprised at a couple of good ones :D

Then again it's not my acne sometimes, I have big cheeks when I smile lol so I take up like all the camera space :doubt:

My skin doesnt look too bad when I look in the mirror (indoors) and it makes me feel semi confident, but then I'll take a picture of my skin or look in a mirror in the daytime outside and see how bad my skin actually looks.

So yeah I hate cameras, never used to though

I like being behind the camera and taking pictures. I hate hate hate being in front of it, and having my picture taken. Unless I have makeup, and the lighting is convenient, b/c that at least gives me a little confidence.

My skin doesnt look too bad when I look in the mirror (indoors) and it makes me feel semi confident, but then I'll take a picture of my skin or look in a mirror in the daytime outside and see how bad my skin actually looks.

So yeah I hate cameras, never used to though

speak the truth my brotha. lol. same here