Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac101

Will exercising get your scars to leave?

I don't think exercising will have any effect on your acne.

If you like exercising do it. Just remember to clean yourself as soon after your workout as possible. You don't want to clog your pores which will lead to more acne.

I thought of this ones. Put on a lot of weight (usually the first place you put on weight will be your face) making your scars stretch and then lose the weight after (you should lose weight on your face first).

You do need to wear sunscreen; the redness I see looks a lot like irritation. The brown marks may also be due to sun exposure on former red marks.

Are you currently using any topicals? What are they?

Exercising won't hurt you and will greatly help your mood AND your muscles :)

You do need to wear sunscreen; the redness I see looks a lot like irritation. Are you currently using any topicals? What are they?

I like to pick a lot, and I don't really wear sunscreen or use any topicals, all I do is the Toothpaste thing for pimples, and I use Cocoa Butter for scars, oh what, is that a topical?

The brown marks may also be due to sun exposure on former red marks.

I don't see why... I usually stay inside my house everyday, besides school.

Exercising won't hurt you and will greatly help your mood AND your muscles :)

I don't know, but my face feels greater after I exercise.

Tch. I wish. If exercise could rid acne scars, my extremely large family of dark spots on my forehead would've disappeared or at least lightened by the end of wrestling season. Three and a half hours of working out everyday, six days a week. Nothing. Though I didn't do it to rid of the scras ;)

Wow this site is so clueless. No exercising wont get rid of acne or change scars in anyway, actually sweating can irritate your skin more. Heavy lifting also increases testosterone levels which leads to more acne. Also no you do not have to have a healthy body for healthy skin.... But there's nothing wrong with having a good body and being fit.

You don't really have scars, all you need to do is stop fucking putting tooth paste and cocoa butter on your face, tooth paste wont do shit and cocoa butter, hello 1 it wont fade your red marks 2 its fucking greasy!!! Only wash your face with warm WATER, no soap no anything, twice a day, don't use any more stupid shit on your face and if your acne doesn't go away then see a doctor about it.

Why is this site clueless? Exercise will HELP reducing scarring if used in combination with scar removal techniques.

Wound healing is improved by about 30% if your are using a combination of cardiovascular and resistance training. Therefore combining healthy exercise in both forms will aid recovery from scar revision and improve your results!!

By itself i agree it probably won't do much.

Also no you do not have to have a healthy body for healthy skin....

Errr....considering that skin is a reflection of the body, then yes, it does matter. It may not matter in the case of someone who is NOT prone to acne, but to those who are prone to acne, like you and I or whoever else on this board, healthy skin starts with a healthy body. You can put all the creams and lotions on your face but it won't change the internal reasons that your acne still pops up.

I wish. But exercising definitely makes my skin look better though it won't get rid of indented scarring. Are you still breaking out? You should take care of that first before you worry about red marks.

Karma you don't know what your talking about, i keep my body in top anabolic form which means 100% vitamins, water, protein. Im 75kg 170cm tall with a six pack. Your body does not affect your skin. If you think that the only reason a person who is acne prone gets acne because they don't look after their body, you are completely uneducated.

Acne isn't internal, go research how acne forms before you make yourself look stupid again. Also what dumb ass ever said skin is a direct reflection of the body, your just making up facts which is very detrimental to your cause...

But Mac i really hope you take my advice, and don't worry if you get treatment for your skin now you wont have any permanent scars.

Walnut you really shouldn't act like you're so sure of the answer when even the top dermatologists are still debating on that one. It's pretty much an agreement across the board that anything going on internally will reflect externally. Although acne isn't always caused by intrinsic factors, it can be (for example stress, one of the biggest culprits in adult acne), and while that doesn't mean that eating right will clear up your acne or make you beautiful, it does mean a lot of other things. If you think I'm a dumb ass; whatever, I don't really care. So, what are some common things going on internally that will show externally? Dehydration, hormones (ex: period, puberty), drug use, pregnancy (pregnancy mask), etc. Proper dietary choices help (notice the help) to regulate hydration, oil production, and overall function of the cells. Eating right is the best way to support (SUPPORT) the health of the skin. Why? Vitamins are required for many chemical reactions that break down and reconstruct proteins, convert amino acids, and synthesize fatty acids. Vitamins often aid in healing, softening, and fighting diseases of the skin. For example: Vitamin A aids in the functioning and repair of skin cells, can prevent certain types of cancers, and has been shown to improve the skin's elasticity and thickness, and in it's topical acid form (retinoic acid/Retin-A) can be used to treat many different types of acne. Another food for thought fact: antioxidants lead to slower aging, and many foods are antioxidant rich. Spicy foods and alcohol consumption can induce rosacea flare-ups and cause redness in many people (almost a flushed or inflamed look). Some women have such low-fat diets that their body fat drops too low, and they have hormonal imbalances that can cause skin problems, including hyperpigmentation and forms of acne (not a direct, but an indirect link through hormonal imbalances). Also, a poorly balanced diet can cause stress (which is linked to acne and increased oil production) LINK. So a lot of things internally show externally. Skin is the same as everything else, eat a proper diet and you can have healthier hair, healthier nails, healthier eyes, etc. It is a part of our body just as everything else and needs nutrition too, although eating right isn't going to just cure everything and give you miraculous skin. But it does help many aspects of the skin and it does aid in many functions of the skin. And don't forget that there are also many indirect links as well (such as lack of a proper diet and lack of exercising causing stress which is linked to acne).

So how can you help your acne through diet? If you're expecting eating right to clear up your acne, don't. Although exercising and eating right may help to reduce acne on some people by reducing stress (you can tell I'm big on stress...it causes aging, too, folks!), a lot of people break out due to that "special" stage in life called puberty where raging teenage hormones cause your body to go all wacky, and there's not much helping that, it's natural and just happens. However, you SHOULD eat right to aid in skin functions/healing/etc, and eating right will help your skin heal better/faster after having acne (if you don't pick at it all of the time...).

As far as exercising helping acne, I honestly don't know and haven't heard anything about it but I think I'll look into research on it when I have time. But lamarr's answer seems like a good answer with some factual back-up so I think I'll go ahead and agree with him. :] "Wound healing is improved by about 30% if your are using a combination of cardiovascular and resistance training. Therefore combining healthy exercise in both forms will aid recovery from scar revision and improve your results!!"

I know from experience ok.... and having "healthy" skin has nothing to do with getting acne. The fact that people walk around thinking people with acne are unhealthy is just completely wrong, eating healthy can only do so much, if acne is in your genes your are going to get acne no matter what the fuck you put in your mouth, no one that hasn't dealt with it would know any different.

It's an annoying misconception and if i didn't believe the same bull shit when i was younger my face wouldn't be fucked. Thank you.

Eden Sin and Walnut, i understand the points both of you are making. I think all we need to remember in order to resolve this, is that everyone is different.

I personally had acne when i was very healthy much like walnut and i found that when i was on cutting diet for my weight lifting (very healthy, no refined carbs, lean protein, only water etc) my acne didn't change one bit.

When i slacked on my diet and ate a load of crap, again my acne didn't change much.

Having said that the next person could do all of the above and find their acne changes dramatically.

We just need to remember to be broad minded and excuse narrow minded people we may meet in our day to day life (i am not directing that at anyone here).

Now having said all that i also know from experience and from reading plenty of studies, exercise can improve wound healing results/times. So for this particular thread i go back to my original point that a mixture of cardio and resistance training can only be good for SCAR REVISION, by itself it isn't going to rid you of scars, but it will improve your results from scar revision techniques.

Well exercising is good for your general well-being so it's very possible that it could help clear up acne as acne can be brought on by a variety of factors, stress included - and exercise can help clear the mind :) The only important thing is that you take a shower after exercising as excess sweat can block pores.

Im sorry but i agree WITH walnut. I have friends who eat like shit, dont work out and dont have good hygiene and they have flawless skin. Me on the other hand, i take great care of my skin, eat healthy, take all the necessary supplements and excercise, but still i break out. Its in my genes that i have acne, diet is not gonna clear it up and excercising is definatly NOT going to erase scars.

So how can you help your acne through diet? If you're expecting eating right to clear up your acne, don't. Although exercising and eating right may help to reduce acne on some people by reducing stress (you can tell I'm big on stress...it causes aging, too, folks!), a lot of people break out due to that "special" stage in life called puberty where raging teenage hormones cause your body to go all wacky, and there's not much helping that, it's natural and just happens. However, you SHOULD eat right to aid in skin functions/healing/etc, and eating right will help your skin heal better/faster after having acne (if you don't pick at it all of the time...).

I know from experience ok.... and having "healthy" skin has nothing to do with getting acne. The fact that people walk around thinking people with acne are unhealthy is just completely wrong, eating healthy can only do so much, if acne is in your genes your are going to get acne no matter what the fuck you put in your mouth, no one that hasn't dealt with it would know any different.

It's an annoying misconception and if i didn't believe the same bull shit when i was younger my face wouldn't be fucked. Thank you.

Did you actually read through what I wrote? Probably not. I stated that it may help an adult in reducing acne by reducing stress, and that other than that don't expect it to clear up your skin. Oh, and I've been there done that as far as really bad acne. So don't treat me like I'm uneducated on this subject, because I know from experience as well.

Wow this site is so clueless. No exercising wont get rid of acne or change scars in anyway, actually sweating can irritate your skin more. Heavy lifting also increases testosterone levels which leads to more acne. Also no you do not have to have a healthy body for healthy skin.... But there's nothing wrong with having a good body and being fit.

You don't really have scars, all you need to do is stop fucking putting tooth paste and cocoa butter on your face, tooth paste wont do shit and cocoa butter, hello 1 it wont fade your red marks 2 its fucking greasy!!! Only wash your face with warm WATER, no soap no anything, twice a day, don't use any more stupid shit on your face and if your acne doesn't go away then see a doctor about it.

I can do the same thing: (its better if you reald it out loud like a bratty girl in elementry school)

You guys are fuckin stupid cuz i read in this one article that heavy lifting is bad for you and so is sweating. So even though running will level up your hormones, you better watch out for sweating. M'kay? Gosh everyone is so dumb.

Karma you don't know what your talking about, i keep my body in top anabolic form which means 100% vitamins, water, protein. Im 75kg 170cm tall with a six pack. Your body does not affect your skin. If you think that the only reason a person who is acne prone gets acne because they don't look after their body, you are completely uneducated.

Acne isn't internal, go research how acne forms before you make yourself look stupid again. Also what dumb ass ever said skin is a direct reflection of the body, your just making up facts which is very detrimental to your cause...

But Mac i really hope you take my advice, and don't worry if you get treatment for your skin now you wont have any permanent scars.

OMG keep it up. internal, external. it still the body, and acne does relflect your health.

You're wrong. You may apear to have a healthy body with your six pack and all, but how can you say that you are healty inside? To me, having healthy skin means not having wounds on my face. And yes, what you eat can help tremendously. Even with you genes. If you start a low carb diet, no grains, no sugars, no junk. It has worked for me. And lots of doctors are recomending it.

Anyways quit saying that you know, when I know you havent tried EVERYTING.

You say you have the acne gene right? Lets say your dad had acne so you have acne. Well imagine if you dad was hypogicimic and never knew it. And so are you, and any bite of pizza would shoot insulin into your blood like crazy and made you break out. There is no acne gene.

I second this statement to a degree, minus the hostility. Basically, from the research I've seen, what goes on inside your body will not DIRECTLY improve acne. It will make your skin better, because your body releases certain hormones and chemicals that are really good for your skin. But it won't really take acne away nor reduce scarring. Those happen in time usually, on their own. I think this is a misconception because improving acne and improving skin sound alot alike. I also think that having healthy skin will help reduce the appearance of acne, though you'll probably have just as much acne as you would if you didn't have healthy skin.

eating healthy can help to a degree, but I don't think it will exterminate acne. There isn't anything you can do to exterminate acne, you can only control it's recurrences and severity... to a degree. as I said.