Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strachml

Hand washing question

Hi All :wavey:

Something occurred to me recently but I'm not sure whether or not it's something that could be contributing to my persistent acne.

Does it matter what kind of soap you use to wash your hands before washing your face (or any other time for that matter)??? I feel like I've tried so many things and nothing has created a noticeable difference in my skin... could using a hand soap with fragrances (i.e. Bath and Body Works anti-bacterial soaps-- what I currently use now) be exacerbating my acne problem???

Any comments/suggestions/ideas are appreciated!!! :)

I figure even if I don't get any feedback I could easily switch to a fragrance free/sensitive skin hand soap and see if it makes any difference...

:wall:

So long as you wash your hands well it shouldn't make a difference.

It's a hell of a lot more important what product you wash your face with.

So long as you wash your hands well it shouldn't make a difference.

It's a hell of a lot more important what product you wash your face with.

I was thinking it probably didn't matter, since I hadn't seen anything written about it. Thanks so much for responding though! Finding a good cleanser is a constant struggle (not in terms of it being "good," but in terms of it actually working for me!)... :rolleyes:

I wash hands/face/body with Cetaphil Sensitive skin. It seems to help improve the overall skin quality as it doesn't dry out my skin. I also use either baby oil (unfragranced) or olive oil while in shower just before final rinse, and that really adds a nice feeling to the skin. I don't use the oil on my face often though. While jojoba oil makes me break out, olive oil does not. I can't even use jojoba oil as hair conditioner as the hair then touches my neck and actually causes my NECK to break out. Bleh. But olive oil is fine. Your skin may be different. If it is winter where you are, you might find that some moisturizing in the shower will help your skin feel better and be less sensitive, too. Moisturizing in the summer is a nice idea, too.

Good luck!