Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

How long after accutane can you use hydroquinone?

I have a 4% hydroquinone cream obagi clear that I want to eventually use on some dark brown spots. I once tried using it whilst on tane and it made the applied areas very very red (which went away after a few days). I was wondering how long after accutane can I use it, how long until my skin will become less fragile?

I don't know, Sid, but please please read up on that stuff. It can wreak havoc on some people's skin that have never even used Accutane. I just want the best for you, y'know? Hmm, I do know that we're supposed to wait 6 months to 1 year for everything else (tattoos, dermabrasion, waxing, etc.) so probably the same timeline...I'm guessing. When you do use it, will you promise to start off on say just one spot vs. all of your spots/entire face just to make sure you don't do more harm than good? Sorry to sound so motherly. I worry too much.

I agree about waiting at least six months. I also agree that hydroquinone can have some bad side effects, like Rosacea and possibly skin cancer (though, what doesn't cause cancer...)

Hey thanks guys! You're right I am going to not bother with it or the very least wait the 6 months just incase they end up fading on there own. Thanks again!

Sid - Incidentally my name is Sid as well. I was on accutane for the last month (just 10mg a day) and I used 8% hyroquinone 4% kojic for some red marks and it completely backfired. For the last 2 days my face has been completely red! looks like its badly sunburnt. Ive stopped accutane but do you know how long it will take to get back to normal? I've been prescribed elidel and bionext to improve it. Thanks!

Sid

Guest missyjean130

Hydroquinine is a carcinogen,it is cancer causing, do NOT use it for a long time.

Licorice extract is a much safer skin bleach. Also theres numerous other things for red marks that dont include bleaching.