Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone!

After trying everything on my bacne (BP, Keflex, Minocin, BP soaps, SA, etc), I stumbled across this invaluable website. Ive had TERRIBLE bacne for years. Funny thing, never had anything on my face (besides the occasional small zit). At one point, my back could have been a science project with all the carbuncles & furuncles. They connected to each other and by back was always pussing. Plus they HURT! I had to take vicodin sometimes for the pain. Anyway they went away somehow, but had many pustules ever since. After much research, I started an internal & external acne regemin that I have had AMAZING results with. After 3 weeks my back is almost 100pct clear. NO ACTIVE ACNE!!! But Im stuck with red marks.....looks like ive been shot with a BB machine gun.

Heres what I used!

Internal:

Zinc 100mg day

Niacin 250mg day

N-Acetyl-Cysteine 600mg 4x/day

Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg 2x/day

Vitamin E 400IU 2x/day

Vit B Complex 2x/day

Vit B5 8000mg/day

External:

Head & Shoulders CC shampoo Leave layer on all day

Custom formulated creme that I mixed myself: Zinc Oxide base, mixed in Tea Tree Oil, Vit E, and salycilic acid 4pct. leave on all night.

Bragg Apple Cider vinegar. Rub on before Zinc creame

I also threw out my back brush. I just use my hand to wash.

I believe the cause of my bacne is what i call "snizzles", hard plugs that form in the pores of my back, shoulders and chest. I used to squeeze my pores til this rock came out. They are HARD and firm. now I dont squeeze & hope they come out on their own when I wash. I think my regemin will slow their formation. Im 33 y/o, so I dont think I'll outgrow this.

Anyway, I am still in shock this works so well. It sucks I have to do this every day, but worth it for clear skin. Its almost like a new hobby for me, trying different acne remedys to see what works! Good luck to you all.......If my back can clear up, everyones can!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know anything about N-Acetyl-Cysteine and Alpha Lipoic Acid ?

Also, a lot of poeple seem to be taking niacin. Can anyone on here vouch for niacin?

I've been having similar success using many of the same things as you. My back was never terrible, but a couple months ago it definately wasn't pretty. Tea Tree Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Head and Shoulders, Zinc tablets and occasional BP for smaller ones are all working well. I have almost no active acne.

Yes I think the internal is very important. When I changed my diet, started taking vitamins and drinking lots of water my acne cleared up. I rarely breakout now but I'm looking for something to get rid of the dark spot that I still have on my back.

Yes I think the internal is very important. When I changed my diet, started taking vitamins and drinking lots of water my acne cleared up. I rarely breakout now but I'm looking for something to get rid of the dark spot that I still have on my back.

try aha, always worked for me

Guest bamberry

Zinc is a heavy metal it can be very bad for you if you overdose, so be careful with that stuff!

Also, you shouldn't be leaving the head and shoulders on all day, that has zinc too, you're letting it soak into your skin, that's too much zinc.

I would also discourage people from leaving Head and shoulders on all day. I don't know if you can absorb zinc pyrithione through your skin, but I definitely know that it can give you a chemical burn if you leave it on too long. I forgot to wash it off one night on my forehead, and the next day my face was red and stinging. Nothing too too bad, but it stayed red for two days and then peeled. Leaving it on for the recommended 3-10 minutes should be enough.