Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bella_111

For how long should i keep the BP on my face ?

Hello,

Am just in the begining of the Regimen prog and i was wondering .. how long can i keep the BP on my face ?

Most people apply it after washing their face in the morning and leave it on all day, reapply it after washing their face at night. So, essentially, it's always on.

So if i take a shower at like the middle of the day, i should reapply it agian ?

I don't think I'd go so far as to apply it three times a day. That would probably dry out and irritate your face.

If you're just taking the shower to rinse off (like after working out or something), maybe just try to avoid getting your face wet, and then just blot it afterward to leave as much BP on as possible (watch out--BP will bleach your towels). But if you don't take your regular shower until mid-day, well, I dunno... Maybe just wait to apply the BP until after that. But don't wash the BP from the night before off until then.

At least, that's how I'd do it.

You should aplly BP twice a day one in the morning and then at night you should see a different of your acne in about 4-8 weeks good luck

are you suppose to just leave the BP on the face (like still white cream on the face) or are you suppose to rube the BP continuously until all the cream soaks into the skin?

are you suppose to just leave the BP on the face (like still white cream on the face) or are you suppose to rube the BP continuously until all the cream soaks into the skin?

You gently smooth it over your face until it's all absorbed. It takes a few minutes, so be patient.

thank you very much for the answer, well i use the neutrogena spot treatment rather than dan's treatment it's also 2.5% BP, but when i gently smooth it over for the skin to absorb, my skin is left really white with some dry cream left over on the face, should i wash it off? or directly put moisturizer over?

thank you very much for the answer, well i use the neutrogena spot treatment rather than dan's treatment it's also 2.5% BP, but when i gently smooth it over for the skin to absorb, my skin is left really white with some dry cream left over on the face, should i wash it off? or directly put moisturizer over?

I use Neutrogena On The Spot too. How much are you using? Sometimes it's helpful to only apply it to one part of your face at a time, then "rub" it in until it's totally absorbed on that area, then move on the the next part of your face.

The NOTS does leave a pale film on my face, but no big gobs or anything. I only apply it at bedtime though, so even if I had dried globs of it, it wouldn't really matter. If they're bad enough to bother you, I dunno. I wouldn't wash them off, because that would kind of defeat the purpose of applying the BP. Maybe just blot at them with a damp cotton ball until you've removed just enough that they're not huge white spots? Or, if applying moisturizer is enough to smooth out the globs, just do that.