Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jc812

Thinking that this isn't going to work

Hey all,

I started the regimen EARLY in my adult acne stages. As I've been continuing the use, my acne has gotten WORSE. yes.. WORSE. Initially of course it did improve but I've been on the DKR for about 3 months and my acne has gotten at least 4 times worse!

I am at a loss of ideas. I'm starting to think that all this effort is useless. I am not seeing an improvement! I was optimistic at first but the results are making me feel like I need to be trying something else.

I don't know if I want to continue with topical treatments. Perhaps I should visit the derm? I have no health insurance! What to do??

well I personally have only been on the regimen for a couple of days but you are not the only one who has experienced worsening of their acne in the 3rd or 4th month...apparently it takes about 5 or so months for u to have completely clear skin....now some people may clear up earlier or later but everyone I know who's on the regimen and has problems in the 3rd month they r usually the pple wh take 5 or 5 months to get clear sorry to tell ya tht but if u want faster results then the derm mit b a good idea

hmm well I'm almost 2 1/2 months in and I haven't seen a whole lot of improvement either. I don't get the big spots nearly as much, but my face it covered in red marks and these really tiny dibits... honestly I wish I would've tried something else, but I'm determined to stick with the regimen at least until month 3. like callie said, it takes longer for some people depending on your skin and the severity of your acne

I think it all depends on how severe your acne was to begin with. Some people with moderate-severe acne will take 5 or 6 months to clear, while some light cases can clear in as little as a month or so. I have personally been on it for about 5 weeks now, and i'm happy to say i'm finally almost clear. I noticed a lot of improvement early on, but now my skin is almost glowing. I know, you guys prolly hate me for saying that, but if you stick with it, its almost certain to get better.

I started with very mild acne (at most 3 zits at once) to moderate acne!

Since I started with very mild acne, I do believe that I should have cleared faster than 5 months. Also, I did not use to scar.. I do now that I have been using the BP. Anyone else experience this?

Also consider the possibility that your skin doesnt react well to BP. SA and SA+BP is no good for me. Both make me breakout/dryout unbelievably.