Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stef0320

acne treated with Duac, Differin and Solodyn

SO FRUSTERATED!

I am 22 years old and last summer I had my first break out really. It was horrible. On my forehead, cheeks, temples and chin. My dermatologist prescribed Solodyn, Differin and Duac. It worked but of course it took a couple months. I was perfectly clear until THIS summer again. I came out to CA for research and I was outdoors all the time and it was really the first time I used sunscreen and by the end of the 10 day trip i started breaking out again on my cheeks. I thought maybe it was from the water I was in because it is dirty slough water, or maybe the sunscreen. I came back out two weeks later but went back to my dermatologist and put me on the same regimen as the previous summer. Its been about 2 months and I feel like its getting worse. I am leaving to go back home (MD) in a few days so I am wondering if maybe the weather, water has something to do with it. I cant think of anything else. I wash my face with Cetaphil face wash and occasionally use an alcohol free tonor if I got really muddy. I am on birth control so I would think hormones shouldnt have anything to do with it. But what do I know. I am normally somewhat oily in my t-zone and dry on my cheeks, but its getting better on my forehead, its my cheeks that are awful.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!