Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rapidfire7

Accutane..Protein..Acne!

I was hoping so much that after my course of accutane I would be clear & be able to work out again properly, including taking protein shakes!

I am convinced that in the past taking protein shakes made my acne way worse.... Anyone else find that? I'm doing another month course extension but I worry if i take protein shakes it may fuck my skin up even more... Any thoughts?

Hey I always thought this. I never got deep acne until I started taking whey protein and creatine. I think it was definitely the cause for my acne flareup. After my course I plan on weight lifiting again but with natural sources of protein, slow it will be but id rather not risk taking it again, its not worth it and I suggest you do the same, especially if you think it could have been a major factor in your acne.

Doesn't lifting weights alone sometimes cause acne? I'm sure I read on here once that it increases levels of hormones that affect acne? :s

i wish i would have never taken that Protein and creatine crap, it messed me up so bad with acne. Until i took it i didnt have any scars or if i had acne it was very mild. Now because of proteins i had to take Accutane and now i have to deal with scars. I wish i had never taken proteins and creatine ;/

Seriously if u have acne prone skin, DONT TAKE THEM, it will do so much more harm than good.

I bodybuild and I am taking 3-4 scoops of whey a day... Mine also started when I started weightlifting... I see a pattern...

I'm on accutane right now and am still taking protein shakes... We will see how it goes.