Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I didn't think I'd be at all concerned with drinking while on Accutane, but I have a bit of a pickle.

I'm getting my bloodwork done next Tuesday or Wednesday, and I'm going out tonight and I'd like to drink. I really just want 2-3 shots of vodka, that's all. What do you guys think? I'd rather get my prescription of Accutane than be able to drink tonight, but at the same time I feel like it's not going to be too harmful.

Who has drank this close to their bloodtest?

I drank on a Friday night then had my blood work done on either the Monday or Tuesday and I was totally fine. I didn't get drunk though, only 4 beers.

Two things as this topic seems to have come up a lot lately. One, alcohol is a depressant and Accutane is reported to cause depression in some people. Two, it says on the paper that comes with the drug, that it can increase your chances of developing pancreatitis if you drink while on it. Is it really necessary to drink? I drank every weekend before I took this drug and as long as Im with good friends and doing something fun one will find that the feeling of needing to drink is just in your head.

Yeah no alcohol for me during my course. I got sick from just a little bit of a margarita the other night.