Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadgeorgy

Blackheads and brown pits on my nose- any hope for me?

Ok, so I've finally mustered up the courage to post a super close up of my awful nose. As you can see, I have tons of blackheads, but the bigger problem IMO are the many indented, dark pits I have as well, the result of many years of untreated blackheads stretching and scarring my pores. Even on my best days when I manage to clear out a lot of the blackheads, those dark pits still make my nose look awful and disgusting.

For the past 2 years I've tried everything as far as "external" treatments. Currently my regime is:

On odd days:

- Vivant Mandelic acid 15% during the day

- Paula's Choice 2% BHA at night

On even days:

- Nucelle Mandelic scrum 15% during the day

- Paula's Choice 2% BHA at night

Some days I replace one of the above with Green Cream, or 10% Benzoyl Peroxide. Basically, I've tried almost everything mentioned here, and while overall my skin tone has improved from two years ago, all those products barely manage to keep a lid on my blackheads, and do nothing it seems to smooth out the indented, brown/dark pits.

I'm tired of being so ashamed of my nose and not being able to get close up to people because of it. But I'm at my wits end what to do, especially with the hallow dark pits and stretched pores on my nose that make my nose look like it's filled with blackheads even when I'm successful in removing a lot of the actual gunk. I've been reading up on TCA cross and other laser procedures, whatever may be worth trying without the risk of damaging my face even more.

Any suggestions welcome at this point!

dude i feel for u, i got the same exact problem. im wondering if theres any cheaper method of smoothing out my nose.

You ever tried those strip things (not sure on the exact brand) to remove blackheads? I only used them a couple of times but have worked to keep them at bay for a few weeks, and as for the scarring, you would really have to controll the blackheads first otherwise it would be pointless

omg I tot I was the only one with this situation

I havent came up with a solution too...

so far my regime for my nose is green cream lv 9 at night...and use nothing in morning

but I just got paula choice's 2% BHA...so starting tonight I'll apply BHA after green cream

then BHA again in the morning

** I tried mandelic serum for blackheads before...it worked really well

but for a few reasons I cut it off even it was kinda working on me ( it's a human made acid that doesnt occur in nature...and I read about it has side effect on nerve system

plus I hate the feeling when I apply it...it feels like burning for a few minutes...but it really did its job to peel skin off)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Glycolic-...em-t101901.html

i've been reading this post and bought the peel ( on the way shipping to me)

maybe u can try it too and see if it improves

my goal is just to keep the pore clean without those annoying dots.....

pore size can always be adjusted by make up

Thanks guys for the replies. I've tried those strips before, but my problem is more than just blackheads, but those indented, brown pits that look like them as well. I'm on Green Cream level 6 btw. I think I'll try bumping that up to Level 9.

I'd like to try a laser procedure if I knew it might actually help on my case. I've read so much about pores and how once they're stretched/ damaged, they can never go back, regardless of any treatment available at the moment at least.

this nose almost looks pretty much like mine except mines not bumpy or anything its just little black circles everywhere , it almost looks like i just have black freckles on my nose

Try Noxema (the original version) to clear up the gunk, and then try some lemon juice to help tighten your pores.

Warning- the Lemon juice stings a bit the first few times, but nothing unbearable. Good luck, hope I helped. =)

I've tried lemon juice in the past actually- pure, freshly squeezed. You're right, it does sting like hell, and while for the first few weeks it was really effective in getting rid of the blackheads, it was less and less effective over time as my skin got used to the acid.

Guest Timehealsall
I've tried lemon juice in the past actually- pure, freshly squeezed. You're right, it does sting like hell, and while for the first few weeks it was really effective in getting rid of the blackheads, it was less and less effective over time as my skin got used to the acid.

i hate my derm. He told me that having the blackhead in your pores for years wont cause scarring unless you pick at it. I didnt pick at them and im starting to get enlarged pores. Its incredibly depressing.