Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sallytomato

Any tips for taking Tane?

Today is Day 1. I haven't taken the pill yet and kind of nervous. Any advice? Thanks!

maximizing absorption: take with a fatty meal. this doesn't mean taking it with McDonalds every night, just take it with something with some fat. this will vary with person to person and how you eat. definitely don't take it on an empty stomach for one. at least eat something with it and a full glass of water or milk. personally i eat special k and a banana in the morning so thats basically no fat, so i take it at lunch time every day which is when i get a nice meal at work's cafeteria after working out.

minimize damage: keep carmax or the like in your pocket for your lips, and always use a good moisturizer like Cetaphil for your skin. you may need saline nose spray to keep your nose moist as well depending on how bad it dries out your mucus membranes. also minimize supplements, don't take any extra vitamin A, and minimize alcohol intake. basically anything that hits your liver or stresses. you'll want to reduce Tylenol and over the counter pain pills as well.

How about taking it with Omega-3 fish oil supplement (good fat)?

Should I continue taking milk thistle supplement that nourishes the liver?

high fat meal: fish oil, olive oil, canola oil, coconut oil, etc.

i have a tin of extra virgin olive oil that i put in almost everything, lol. it's very healthy and will maximize absorption for sure.

In the morning I take my pill with a toasted whole grain waffle topped with a serving of peanut butter. One serving of peanut butter (2 tablespoons) has 15g of fat. Its a pretty good and fast breakfast to take the pill with especially since I eat breakfast at my desk at work.

Drink lots and lots of water during the day.

I was extremely nervous to take my first pill as well. Don't worry, you will be fine. Good luck on your course of accutane.

Took my first 40mg pill last night and can feel the side effects already. Is it normal to feel mild headache, slight sore throat and slight dizziness as if you are about to catch a cold? I can definitely feel the dry lips and dry eyes coming.

hmmm, what's a good fatty meal for someone that doesnt eat much meat and is lactose intolerant?

I usually take the pills with a spoonful of peanut butter or an avocado (on a full stomach, of course). :) Mmm!

Took my first 40mg pill last night and can feel the side effects already. Is it normal to feel mild headache, slight sore throat and slight dizziness as if you are about to catch a cold? I can definitely feel the dry lips and dry eyes coming.

Sounds like you're dehydrated (I guess the pills work fast...)

Try drinking a lot of water. Hopefully those side effects pass quickly!

So those side effects are perfectly normal and should subside over time?

I've been drinking water round the clock. What's the absolute minimum daily water intake for Tane users? I normally drink 1 gallon a day. Is that good enough?

I have been drinking a gallon of water a day. I keep a pitcher of water at my desk at work and try to finish the majority of it before I go home at the end of the day.

Accutane side effects usually don't show until a week or so later. I highly doubt those "side effects" you are feeling a day after taking your first pill is from Accutane.

I would take Accutane with a balanced meal cause every balanced meal contains fat :P Sometimes when I forget to take with a meal, I take it with fish oil. Also, the more Vitamin A you intake, the more intense the side effects.

So those side effects are perfectly normal and should subside over time?

I've been drinking water round the clock. What's the absolute minimum daily water intake for Tane users? I normally drink 1 gallon a day. Is that good enough?

The first week, I ended up getting headaches and dizziness. After drinking more, they subsided. It sounds like you're drinking enough water, though...

When will the purging and dryness start to kick in?

What's the best way to moisturize the nasal membrane? Is putting vaseline in my nostrils the right way to do it?

I started purging the first week, but the big breakouts didn't start till this week (week 3). If your nose is dry, try putting Vaseline on a Q-Tip and using it that way.