Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rai

Have a few questions

So I am on antibiotics, Ive been reading some pretty bad stuff about them, people saying that if you stop them you will break out 3 times worse than what you had before...

The reason I went on antibiotics is because I cant think of anything else to do... but I dont want to be on something for the rest of my life.

My whole family has had acne when they were younger and then grew out of it around the age of 22 or 25.

My questions are...

-did i screw up my skin, and possiblity of growing out of it by using antibiotics?

-has anyone ever successfully gone off antibiotics and not gotten back pimples they had before?

-should I try going off them even though my skin is the clearest it has been since I was about 12?

I really don't know what to do now... Im so scared that I wont grow out of it no because I took stuff, where as the rest of my family didnt take anything to aide their acne other than some random topicals here and there and in my sisters case she just is on BCP and shes so clear.

Im sure most people who grew out of their acne aren't on this site, but if you are please give me some hope. ha ha

What should I do?