Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wakeboarder88

Sick of it, going to go on accutane for mild acne

I have always had mild acne. In high school I was on pro-active and it did clear me up but after awhile it stopped working. I went to the Dermatologist and he prescribed me Retin-A and said this should clear me up. Boy was he wrong. After the first couple of weeks I broke out badly. I mean my acne went from mild to moderate. He said it will clear up soon. So I waited 3 months and still no sign of clearing up. I would get these pesky whiteheads everyday. Then I decided to fuck it and switch over to DKR. I was on it for about 4 months and it did clear me mostly but the flakes, dryness, irritation was too much for me.

I made an appointment with my derm and I'm going to straight up say to him that I want accutane. I only have mild acne but it's been persistent for 5 years. If he says he can't, I'll tell him yes or babies will come and kidnap him and take him away to china forever.

Any tips on how I can get it?

All you can do is ask.

Just don't be surprised if they want to put you on an a different oral med first.

Usually in order for insurance companies to cover the cost of Accutane they have to see that you have tried other forms of relief. :doubt:

W/O insurance a 30 day supply of 80mgs of Sortet would cost me $521.

With insurance its costing me $25 a month

Good luck!!

Just let your derm know how long you have been trying to get clear skin and what you have tried has not worked. They may want to put you on anti-biotics first though just to make sure that they don't clear you. I was on anti-biotics and they did not work and they made my stomach hurt like mad. My derm tried to put me on accutane and I was scared so I said no, then one day I went in there crying because I hated my skin so bad she told me point blank accutane will clear you. Best of luck, hopefully your derm will just give in to your plea.

Considering other things clear your acne, and considering your acne is mild. Trust me when i say accutane is not worth the risk.

You won't listen to me but atleast you can't say you haven't been warned. I really recommend you stay away from accutane with acne like yours.

Considering other things clear your acne, and considering your acne is mild. Trust me when i say accutane is not worth the risk.

You won't listen to me but atleast you can't say you haven't been warned. I really recommend you stay away from accutane with acne like yours.

It's going to be a gamble and I'm willing to take it. It is my last resort and I will take the risk, if not I'll just be left wondering what would have happened

My acne is mild-moderate, but I get very painful cysts and every single pimple I get leaves a red mark. I had to go on 5 antibiotics and countless topicals, but they didn't do a thing for me (not sure why). Because my acne was painful, leaving marks, and wouldn't go away, my doc finally gave me Accutane.

If your acne is mild, I would only suggest Accutane as a final option. You *may* have to start oral antibiotics before going on Accutane, but it really depends on your derm. Good luck!

My acne is mild-moderate, but I get very painful cysts and every single pimple I get leaves a red mark. I had to go on 5 antibiotics and countless topicals, but they didn't do a thing for me (not sure why). Because my acne was painful, leaving marks, and wouldn't go away, my doc finally gave me Accutane.

If your acne is mild, I would only suggest Accutane as a final option. You *may* have to start oral antibiotics before going on Accutane, but it really depends on your derm. Good luck!

I've tried minocyclin and that didn't do shit

thx for the replies. my appointment is next week so I'm hoping I get it!

i have very mild accutane, my derm did not want to give it to me at all, but eventually she did!

although i'm on day 13 and my skin looks the worst it ever has i'm hoping it will all go away soon and i'll have clear skin!

Tired Princess, how many mg's a day did your derm start you off at for mild acne? I'm starting on 20mg a day BTW.

Tired Princess, how many mg's a day did your derm start you off at for mild acne? I'm starting on 20mg a day BTW.

i'm on 40mg one day, then 80mg the next. when i started breaking out like crazy i just kept to 40mg a day, now im back to every other and im doing okay.

You can lie by saying you've tried everything. Look up some precription meds and say u tried it. When they ask you what meds have you tried say benzaclin retin-a doxycycline etc.!

Then you'll get a better chance of getting tane..

but that's just an idea i don't suggest it.. u should just use the stuff your derm gives you until your derm think you tried enuff... then maybe your derm will give u tane.

You lot are nutts, there is a reason accutane was originally for SEVERE TREATMENT RESISTANT ACNE. the risks far outweigh the possible benefits in mild-moderate acne.