Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EmilyKate

Yasmin and Dianette

Im on Yasmin (and have been for 4 months now). My skin is definetly not as good as it was when I was on dianette, and its really beginning to get me down. My question is, do you guys think it is worth screwing up my hormones again and going back on dianette for 6 months and then switching back to yasmin...and then probably dianette for 6 months again etc. Because my GP wont prescribe me dianette for more than 6 months at a time now (after I was on it for 2 years). I just dont know whether to put up with the mild acne I have been experiencing on Yasmin (which is mild compared to my former acne but still soul destroying after having been clear for 18 months :( ) or go back on dianette, risk an IB and then have to switch back to yasmin again. Its so confusing :/ Any thoughts?

I personally find no problems with swapping between Yasmin and Dianette, as they are quite similar pills (estrogen + androgen blocker)...perhaps an antibiotic would help you through the IB stage if you do decide to go back on Dianette?