Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greensame

Two questions on the Acne.org Regimen:

Hi, I just started the regimen about a week ago, and I have a couple questions:

1.) In the instructions, Dan says, "Squeeze out the required amount of BP and spread it on to your face very gently with your fingers. Don't rub. Just allow your fingers to glide over your skin." What is the significance of spreading it gently over rubbing? Why is rubbing bad?

2.) My skin stays greasy after applying my moisturizer - what am I doing wrong? Am I applying too much, not spreading it in enough, or something else? Also, am I supposed to rub as gently with my moisturizer as I do with my BP?

Oh, and one more thing: Are there any other videos of people applying the BP and / or the moisturizer? I would like to refine my technique.

Thanks in advance! ^^

Hi, I just started the regimen about a week ago, and I have a couple questions:

1.) In the instructions, Dan says, "Squeeze out the required amount of BP and spread it on to your face very gently with your fingers. Don't rub. Just allow your fingers to glide over your skin." What is the significance of spreading it gently over rubbing? Why is rubbing bad?

I think the rubbing is bad because it can irratate the acne on the surface and below the skin, causing what might not have been a breakout to erupt to the surface. I might be wrong though, i dunno.

2.) My skin stays greasy after applying my moisturizer - what am I doing wrong? Am I applying too much, not spreading it in enough, or something else? Also, am I supposed to rub as gently with my moisturizer as I do with my BP?

Yes, you should be very gentle with the moisturizer aswell. Are you using dan's moisturizer? I didn't really like how greasy it made my face either, so i switched to Olay Complete All Day Moisture for Sensitive Skin (spf 15) in the daytime and Cetaphil moisturizing lotion at night. They are both great moisturizers i've found. You should definately consider checking it out. But if you wanna stay with Dan's, it seems like your doing everything right, at least the way you described it. Just follow the regimen instructions to the letter and you will be rewarded.

As always,

Aiden

i think rubbing irritates the acne. also, IMO sometimes if i rub hard, it feels like i'm rubbing it off my skin instead of on my skin. i don't know lol

the moisturizer also made my face look super greasy and oily. but my face gets oily pretty fast. so what i did was i only apply the moisturizer on my flaky area only. which is JUST the area around my lips.

Oh, thanks, I see.

Another question: Is it okay to wash off the moisturizer with water after 5 or 10 minutes? Or will that reduce the effect?

If you wash the moisturizer off your face, the bp is going to come off with it making it useless. You could blot away the shine with a paper towel or oil blotting sheets.