Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angel07

Is Everyday Minerals any good?

Hello!

I am currently using Colore Science mineral foundation and finishing powder. The only complaint that i have is that it is way too expensive!

I heard Everyday Minerals is pretty good. After browsing through some posts on this site it seems like most of you guys like it. I just took a look at their website and was amazed at how affordable the makeup was!

So...i'm seriously thinking about switching makeup brands. I'm just scared because i don't want to start breaking out again (my face is pretty much clear now!).

Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

I used to use it and I was happy for the most part.

First things first: you may have to be patient when you're trying to figure out which shade & formulation (Matte, Semi-Matte, etc.) are right for you. The sample kit is good for that. Once I got mine I stayed in for the night & played with them. Once you figure out what works for you, you're good to go.

It's also not that expensive.

However, I had to stop because, PERSONALLY, the only formulation that gave me enough coverage was intensive (I have really bad scarring) and once it came to be wintertime, it made my face feel really dry. I also found that it wasn't really long-lasting, which didn't work for me since I spend 10 hours at school four days a week and also work really long hours.

All in all, I would say that it is worth a shot.

Good luck!

Thanks shipinabottle for your advice! Ok so i will get the sample kit and on one of my days off from work i'll stay at home and play with the makeup shades. Hopefully it doesn't break me out. I'm so excited to try this brand!

It's my Holy Grail of makeup. ^.^ Great quality, great price, great color selection.

Don't expect much from customer service, though you probably won't have any shipping issues. It's pretty much like a typical company now in the way of service. It seems as if the majority of people with shipping issues were people who came over when they changed sites. Not everyone has.

Worth a sample kit or two.

I love EM also. It lasts really well for me (all day long in 100 degree heat), looks super natural, and covers really well without feeling heavy. They have a great color selection also.

Very few people break out from EM, and it is usually due to a sensitivity to mica, which is somewhat rare. Chances are, the mineral makeup you're already using has mica, as most do, so you'll probably be fine.

YES, EDM is good but if your new to it definetly order a sample kit and you may have to order more than 1 sample kit. I read Sept 8th was it that they are revealing about 12 more new shades!

So far i'm loving it, because it's so natural looking, doesn't clog your pores (well my pores..i hope), it's cheap, lasts long (or so im told), and matches my skin exactly...

Downside: it's not very lasting, specially if you haev a tendency to get oily durin the day so you do need to blot throughout, and it s by no means water resistant :( but i use my revlon colorstay on top to compensate for that hehe

I'd say order a sample kit and judge for yourself ;)

Even though EM didn't work for me (apparently, the mica in it irritates my skin) it is an amazing makeup. First of all, it's cheap and they send you free samples so you can find the perfect color for your skin tone. Second, it comes in so many colors, there's no way you won't find one to match your skin. It also goes on flawlessly and looks fresh for hours and hours. And talk about oil control! It really is a great makeup.

everyone keeps talking about this makeup and I would like to try it out. Where do I get it?

AFAIK, it's only available on their website. But they'll send you samples for free, I think you get three foundation colors, 1 blush, and one concealer. You do have to pay shipping of about $4, but it's worth it.

everyone keeps talking about this makeup and I would like to try it out. Where do I get it?

everydayminerals.com AWESOME MAKEUP ? Have you ever tried mineral makeup before?

I have tried bare minerals. Its ok. I was just looking for some new makeup and everyone keeps talking about how amazing everyday minerals is lol

I have tried bare minerals. Its ok. I was just looking for some new makeup and everyone keeps talking about how amazing everyday minerals is lol

I used to use bareminerals before too. And then just last week or so I ordered samples from EM and I feel in love! :wub: Their selection is awesome and it wears sooo much nicer than bareminerals! ( plus it's way cheaper! ) Try it you'll love it!

P.S. The Office rules!!! I love you Dwight!

yay i love dwight tooooo! ok so im gonna check out there website and order some smaples! thanks so much!

No problem. Get the kit that's free or one of the custom kits first. I made the mistake of ordering the Samples indvidually and didn't know that they gave the same size samples for free. I ended up spending twenty bucks my first time.