Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KogeKao

mild chest/back acne--what are causes?

Hey everyone, I just joined. I have been getting pimples on my face for years, but most recently have been getting body acne. In all honesty I'm not quite sure when I started getting bacne--I'm pretty sure it started sometime in 2007, but I never paid THAT much attention since it was only one or two whiteheads at a time and I don't swim or wear anything backless. In April of this year, right after I came back to my college after spring break, I started getting acne on my chest for the first time in my life. I had about 5 or 7 small red pimples and was pretty alarmed, especially since I wear a lot of tank tops. I used 10% BP on it, which seemed to work, but they left behind dark marks that are still here :(. After that initial breakout, I now get maybe one or two every once in a while, but I think a few more are about to pop up now.

Also, ever since my chest acne began, my chest has been oily pretty often compared to the rest of my body, which is usually very dry....

Brief rant... even if I stopped getting body acne completely, the marks on my back and chest are still depressing, especially when I wear tanks and V-necks and friends and strangers stare at my chest. I've heard of many different treatments to lighten the marks but I'm not even sure if they actually work--I've heard before that nothing can really help, eventually the dark marks will fade on their own.

Anyway, so what are possibly reasons for the cause of this body acne? Is it usually hormonal, due to bad hygiene, or what? Obviously I try to keep as clean as possible, lol, but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I also started college in 2006 so I don't know if it's the different environment or different habits.. but if anyone has any theories, I'd like to know so I can adjust my habits!

Thanks!

Hi!

When you were on spring break did you spend a lot of time in the sun? I developed Pityrorsporum Folliculitis after a vacation where I spent hours in the sun and heat.

To get the red marks to fade faster you can use some kind of exfoliation; AHA or BHA. This will help you get rid of them faster, but you still have to be patient!

Have you considered that you might have Pityrosporum Folliculitis? And it would be very helpful if you post a pic of your chest/back