Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masshi

Has anybody tried any of the PanOxyl stuff?

Well i tried it and at first i hated it. It dries your skin out like CRAZY. I'm serious, big disgusting flakes all over your skin...not pretty. I've now been using it for a couple of weeks and i think my skin must've gotten used to it lol. Either that or my new moisturiser.. It does work but i think it's way too strong and it kind of ruined the texture of my skin so i wouldn't actually reccommend it. Try Brevoxyl i hear it's MUCH better, i'll be trying that next.

Good luck!

a few people complained about panoxyl as it has an alcohol base instead of a gel/water-base like dan's bp. alcohol tends to dry the skin out excessively, means more irritation etc

It really does dry out your skin like Colourful said.

When I first started using it, there was a lot of redness and I had really flaky skin. Couple of weeks later there was still a lot of redness and flaky skin. It ended up being too strong for me. Also, after I stopped using it, it took a while for my skin to regain its natural oils, my face became TOO dry and really irritant.

My boyfriend swears by 10% bar. It doesn't dry him out, but maybe he just has really resilient skin.