Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadgeorgy

TCA cross for enlarged/ scared pores due to blackheads?

I have a lot of permanently enlarged pores on my nose, derived from many years of untreated blackheads on my nose. Now even with the blackheads under control, my nose is still filled with brown pits and micro holes that almost look like blackheads. I've tried a lot of external treatments, everything from mandelic acid, bha, to aha etc, but non have really helped with the physical damage done to my nose due to the blackheads. I've been reading about TCA cross on the forums- has anyone tried it on enlarged/ stretched pores, and can it work? Or perhaps TCA peel instead?

Thanks,

Ok, here's a super close up of my moon crater nose. I know there are a bunch of blackheads (as they come back each time), but I'm really talking about the countless indented holes- even if I clear them, they still appear as brown pits from afar. Any way TCA cross may be able to fill them up, so at least my nose is more smooth?

A couple of things. Firstly, I would try needling before TCA, as I've heard that TCA on the nose is a little more unpredictable than it is on say the cheeks area. That being said, I did some TCA on the nose myself a couple years back, and I would say there was very slight improvement.

But my point is to try needling first, b/c I did have a couple of large icepicks needled on my nose and got noticeable improvement. Maybe 20-25% in one session, but I had it done by a tattoo gun, so who knows if the results would be the same with home needling.

Also, getting yourself on some sort of skin tightening regimen will help I think. I use retin-a on my nose along w/ "paula's choice" beta hodroxy acid. And I'm very aggressive with both products when it comes to my nose (but start of slowly to see how ur skin handles it as w/ all products). I think they've helped my pores thanks to months of continuous use.

It's a learning process, just buy stuff off the internet and start using it, try needling a pore and see how it looks a month later, etc. Earlier you start working on it, the earlier you'll figure out what's best. Good luck.

Thanks Jonah. Just wondering, when you said you did needling with a tattoo gun, did you actually go out and buy one and performed it yourself? Is needling basically just prickling a pore without adding any creams to get it to self heal?

Thanks,