Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oyku

Antiobiotics before Accutane

Hey guys, I've been a member for quite some time. Although I have not posted too many things to help the community, I believe acne.org is a great communal site for us, acne-sufferers, to come and find some hope in our struggle.

A little bit about myself.

I've had acne for around eight years now, starting from my sophomore year in high school. I am 24 years old and am still struggling acne and it is for me to take the final stand. (or atleast I hope)

I just got a new job and its hard for me to cope with meeting new people, walking aroudn in public, etc. I am even reluctant to look myself in the mirror just because it just depresses me and stresses me out even more. I've always had moderate-severe acne and it seems like it comes and goes and sometimes it just hits harder than other, but recently I've been hit pretty hard.

Just regarding my lifestyle, I eat healthy (no junkfood, soda, etc). I eat plenty of fruits, greens, and high protein meals. I work out nearly everyday ( I'm a personal trainer) get 6-8 hours of sleep a day, wash my face twice with Proactiv. and am ALWAYS wary of my skin. I even recently did a liver flush and take vitamins that aid my skin.

Even w/ all this, I'm stuck w/ heavy acne =( Therefore, I went to the derm today and right off the bat he says, "In your case with acne, I highly recommend Accutane." I was dreading taking Accutane with all the side-effects, etc. BUT he relieved me of my fears and I agreed. But before taking he said since my acne is highly inflamed, he gave me a cycle of Antiobitics, doxycycline hyclate, to relieve the inflammation and after two weeks of the antibitiocs, I will start my accutane.

I'm new to accutane and even antibiotics. If you guys can give me any feedback or suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks