Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm african american so I haven't dealt with the whole redness factor of using Benzaclin. I have mild acne ( whiteheads only but they usually appear as tiny bumps) and dark acne spots from previous acne. The scarring is on my chin and forehead.My dermatologist prescribed benzaclin to me. I have to use it twice daily. This is what i've ben doing for the past couple of days:

wash my face with a mild soap like Ivory. Pat dry. Then use a cleanser Benzoyl perosxide (Rx only) cleanser. Pat dry. Then I apply the benzaclin gel over my enitre face but not alot. I wait a couple of minutes and then I apply an Olay moisturizer for sensitive skin which has SPF 15 and is light and non greasy ( i have oily skin).

Is my routine okay? And will my acne scarring go away..I have scarring on my chin and forehead?( please keep in mind I'm african american so I don't have redness I just have dark spots) How long should it take for me to see results?

**I have school starting next wednesday and picture day is next friday at my high school.**

Will my skin be clearer by then??

If you have used benzaclin can you tell me how it has worked for you?

Thank you so much!!

I'm african american so I haven't dealt with the whole redness factor of using Benzaclin. I have mild acne ( whiteheads only but they usually appear as tiny bumps) and dark acne spots from previous acne. The scarring is on my chin and forehead.My dermatologist prescribed benzaclin to me. I have to use it twice daily. This is what i've ben doing for the past couple of days:

wash my face with a mild soap like Ivory. Pat dry. Then use a cleanser Benzoyl perosxide (Rx only) cleanser. Pat dry. Then I apply the benzaclin gel over my enitre face but not alot. I wait a couple of minutes and then I apply an Olay moisturizer for sensitive skin which has SPF 15 and is light and non greasy ( i have oily skin).

Is my routine okay? And will my acne scarring go away..I have scarring on my chin and forehead?( please keep in mind I'm african american so I don't have redness I just have dark spots) How long should it take for me to see results?

**I have school starting next wednesday and picture day is next friday at my high school.**

Thank you so much!!

You should probably ditch the cleanser with the BP because it will just dry out your skin. Try CeraVe, Cetaphil, or Purpose which are gentle and non-medicated.

Thank you so much!!

You should probably ditch the cleanser with the BP because it will just dry out your skin. Try CeraVe, Cetaphil, or Purpose which are gentle and non-medicated.

My dermatologist prescribed me the BP cleanser though

a.) Yes your regimen is O.K. Keep in mind like any product, Benzaclin may/may not work for your mild acne. I was on it for a year -- The first few months it worked very well, then went down hill.

If you keep getting whiteheads after a few months, you should probably call it quits. Otherwise, keep using it! Everyone experiences this product differently.

b.) As far as the scars go... Depending on the severity, they should heal with time. If they're "icepick" scars then check out the scars forum. Otherwise if they're less severe you'll probably just have to play the waiting game, because I'll tell you right now, Benzaclin won't help your scars.

Good luck!

Guest Rocky666

Thank you so much!!

Well by scars do you mean the dark spots?If that's what you mean then they're not scars they're hyperpigmentation which in that case it'll take up to a year for them to go away depending on how dark they are...I too am african-american but I'm mixed so I have tanned skin but my skin still gets alittle dark from when I have a breakout I like to use Mederma Cream with the spf because it's in a cream form and absorbs better than the regular Mederma and it's cheaper....or use ScarZone A which has Salyclic Acid which will help with active acne and the hyperpigmentation or lol you can use the Ambi hyperpigmentation which comes in different forms for either normal,combination,or oily skin which this stuff works good...plus the Ambi Daily Moisturizer is good for your skin and helping to even it out the downside is it smells like straight sunscreen,but if you can get over that then it's cool...hope this helps : )