Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
opal10288

Fish Oil and Nuts

I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem as me. I began taking fish oil about two months ago. It seems like my face started to break out than but I can't be sure. For the past week I have been adding nuts( almonds & walnuts) to my diet and I have been getting tiny clogged pores all around my mouth. My skin is really really oily.This is not normal for me. My chin has tiny bumps all over it that I didn't have a few days ago. I also have more blackheads than ever on my nose and around my mouth. When you are allergic to nuts what does the acne usually look like that you get from it and where is it? Can you have too many omega 3s? Does anyone else have this problem? Sorry for all the questions...but this is so frustrating. Fish Oil and nuts are SUPOSSED to help the skin not make it worse. I know for some people it does help a lot.. but maybe some people can't tolerate it. Thank you for any help! :D

sometimes nuts can make people break out i take 3,000mg of fishoil a day and it has helped a lot but nuts are pretty bad on my skin

when i started fish oil my cystic acne grew to like the size of an dime. it was crazy. i stopped taking it and it hasn't happened again. i use flaxseed oil instead

I am allergic to nuts. It makes me break out on my neck and it looks like I have chicken pox there. Sunflower seeds do the same thing. Elf

I forget what it is in nuts, im pretty sure its a chemical used in the process of getting nuts to the market, but I've attributed a large amount of nuts with acne breakouts before.

hmm I started eating nuts recently and I notice alot more of the same acne your getting, clogged pores around my mouth/chin and nose. My skin is really oily lately too... hmm im going to cut out the nuts.

nuts are healthy ...

Eating to much can cause break out..

I am going to buy Cashew raw , brazil nut raw.. :P see if they break me out.

Gonna avoid almond butter raw! cause it taste so good an d i eat to much.. then break out :(

avoid nuts. They do not help with the Omega 3: 6 ratio. they have high omega 3 but much higher omega 6 content thereby further screwing the already skewed ratio.

Fish oil, especially cod liver oil can not possibly harm you. Cod liver oil has omega3, vitamin A, vitamin D - three of the most potent anti acne agents.

Zero nuts. Continue with fish oil/CodLiverOil

GL