Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just want a simple one for those dry spots and once winter comes the weather is so dry and brutal that my skin needs extra tlc.

I've tried jojoba oil but I really don't like it all that much

I use the olay during the day with spf 15

** i meant to say OTC not ovc in the "no spf ovc suggestions"

Hey, I posted on your Toners thread :P

I hate to sound like a salesman but once again Paula's Choice moisturizers are the best I've ever used and I've used a ton of different ones, including jojoba oil which I still occasionally use and mix with my moisturizer.. Like the toners they have a lot of antioxidants, cell communicators(vitamin B3) and anti-irritants. The Skin Balancing Moisture Gel is perfect for overnight use, haven't found anything better. Unfortunately, it isn't OTC though but if you decide to get the toner I highly recommend the moisturizer while you're at it..Or you can get the sample packs online for like $1 just to test it out.

As for OTC moisturizers... The cetaphil moisturizing cream is great. Not as fancy as paula's choice but gets the job done.

You can try avocado oil, evening primrose oil or simply crisco(canola oil). The first two are non-comedogenic and avocado oil is pretty good moisturizer, just make sure it doesn't get in the eyes cause it sting and u may wake up with blodshot eyes.

in the winter- i get some pretty dry skin too - at night, if it is really bad, I put a layer of aquaphor over my products - to "lock in" the moisture- in the morning it is much better. Jojoba is good to add into stuff - to kick it up a notch - so if you try cetaphil and it isn't enough -mix in jojoba.

I used to use cetaphil moisturizing lotion with a few drops of jojoba oil. But after a while i thought it was making me break out, so i switched back to olay complete sensitive skin (spf 15) with jojoba oil for day and nighttime. And even though its spf 15 i would seriously recommend it for nighttime use aswell. It makes my skin sooo nice and smooth....