Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read the post by LionQueen about pH but I want to know if anybody uses a toner that is pH balancing or safe and doesn't have harsh irritants like alcohol and such.

I just want one to use at night because I know that I have trouble getting off all my makeup and I think it could help

So basically I want to know if

a. Do you use a toner that is basic and safe? [if so what is it]

and/or

b. What toners have NOT worked for you

btw I don't want to use ACV as a toner because I don't really want to change my regimen that much but if there is just a basic one that won't harm or try to treat my skin that would be great

Paula's Choice toners are probably the best I've ever used and they definitely make a difference. They're also pH balanced, alcohol free and have a lot of antioxidants and anti-irritants in them. They have ones for various skin types.

Can find em here if you're interested

http://www.paulaschoice.com/category/toners

I'm actually currently using the Skin Relief Treatment from there. It's mainly used for after shave relief but it's basically just a toner and you can use it everywhere. It has some Acetyl-salicylic acid(aspirin) in it and a few other soothing ingredients in it and so far I've loved it, it's a great blend of ingredients. It calms redness/irritation almost immediately, I was actualy pretty amazed.

I always avoid anything with alcohols in them, as they strip the skins oils and make me extremely oily the next day since my face has to compensate for the lost oil. I was happy to find that PC products don't do that though.

Thanks that looks pretty good =]

I haven't ever looked into PC

can you only get it online

Unfortunately yeah, that's the one down side of it but I think it's very worth it.

Try ACV. ive been using it as a toner for about a month now and it has really helped. It normalizes PH and best of all it fades any redmarks very quickly. But just remember to dilute it with water to about 50/50

Try ACV. ive been using it as a toner for about a month now and it has really helped. It normalizes PH and best of all it fades any redmarks very quickly. But just remember to dilute it with water to about 50/50

what if you dont dilute with water and just apply 100% acv? is it bad even if your skin can handle it? or is it too much ph