Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PIMPLEdEsTrOyER

HELP!! redness/burns around eyes, i think from benzoyle peroxide

i've been using 10% benzyle peroxide stuff, and i have eliminated all of the acne, but now i have equally bad red marks around my eyes that look reallly dumb, lol. i didn't know b4 not to put it around eyes. it looks like i got punced in the face, haha. WhAt should I doo???? hellllpps me!!

Oh crap i think that's what i have lol. Not that i really mind coz i use make up =P Um are they irritated though? coz all i have is mild redness on my entire face (except for forehead- that's where i least use BP) but i thought it would just go down in time i guess...i think it has now that my skin is finally clearing up (thank god).

I think it'll eventually go, it's probably just because this stuff is strong so it irritates you..maybe your skin will get used to it. If it doesn't then i would really reccommend using a lower concentration of BP coz 10% is VERY strong (that's what i use right now and hate it..) and also a sunscreen to help protect your skin.

In the meantime you could wear a lil foundation..

knock that bp down to 2.5 man...10 is way to strong. dan and neutrogena and some derms say that 2.5 is just as effective. aloe vera is probably all i would put on it. i had the same thing. it goes away eventually. it's like racoon eyes...like you've been in the tanning bed, lol.