Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know about anyone here but when I go outside I feel like I look horrible and I feel so uncomfortable. I wear makeup to hide my skin, it is a lot of red marks now with a few pimples, but I feel like the makeup looks caked on and not freshfaced. I go to college and I look at everyone outside and everyone looks so good, they all look fresh and good, I feel like I am the only one that looks horrible- It gets me so depressed and I wonder what is wrong with me all the time. I just feel like I have all this emotional pain and no one in my family understands because all my siblings look good in natural sunlight, I feel like I am the ugly one. I am only 20 years old and /i yearn for the time when I don't have to think about all this. I just feel like I want to stay at home my whole life because I am so hideous. And I have this one friend who has such nice skin outside and when I hangout with her and talk to her outside I just feel so depressed because I know I look disgusting and I feel like she is looking at my skin. I just don't know how to get over this, /i pretty much cry everyday and think of death a lot, I also avoid many social activities, I just look at everyone in my classes and outside and I just feel like I am the ugly one, It is such a horrible feeling, I feel like my face is ruined and I have to just go on in life anyway....especially when I look in car mirrors which I try to avoid but end u giving in to curiosity; it makes me feel so bad deep inside...does anyone else feel like this?

I definitely know how you feel about feeling ugly compared to my friends ect and i've know how you must feel atm. Car mirrors are the worst for checking your face they seem to make it look so bad >_< but car windows on the other hand make your face look perfect. DAMN YOU REFLECTIONS.

I've been where you are before and I've found that going out and being active helps ALOT . I used to sit in and avoid any manner of social activities when possible but my friend convinced me to take up badminton lessons with him .It really helped me to forget about my face and just have some fun. Going out and getting active and doing things I think helps a hell of a lot.

Also, if your skin is really bad have you considered going to a dermatologist?

I actually find natural lighting very flattering. Since my skin is olive, the natural light brings out the best in the tone, and if my skin is shiny it looks "dewy", not greasy. All in all, natural light is my friend.

Car mirrors, on the other hand, were invented by the devil. Don't judge your appearance in natural light based on car mirrors. That's like determining someone's appearance by their driver's license; never flattering. Same goes for any little compact mirror, as they often are magnified and no one is going to be staring that closely at your face. If you stared that closely at their skin, they wouldn't look so great either.

So there's a good chance natural light may actually make you look good ;)

I definitely know how you feel about feeling ugly compared to my friends ect and i've know how you must feel atm. Car mirrors are the worst for checking your face they seem to make it look so bad >_< but car windows on the other hand make your face look perfect. DAMN YOU REFLECTIONS.

I've been where you are before and I've found that going out and being active helps ALOT . I used to sit in and avoid any manner of social activities when possible but my friend convinced me to take up badminton lessons with him .It really helped me to forget about my face and just have some fun. Going out and getting active and doing things I think helps a hell of a lot.

Also, if your skin is really bad have you considered going to a dermatologist?

I have gone to a dermatologist and am using finacea and clindamyacin wipes, but I feel like it is taking forever to clear up... I also have keratosis pilaris on my arms and i can't wear normal summery clothes, it makes me so depressed, i just kind of want to have laser surgery on my face and just make it pretty again, I know I have to be active but it is so hard to forget about my face, when I am outside I feel like a monster and car mirrors are just horrible, so bad..also i hate when i see girls outside and they look perfect, i never used to be so jealous of everyone...I sometimes just wish i never existed at all...i just hope things get better, that is all i can think about-thanks for relating though, it is nice to know I am not completely alone

I actually look okay in direct, natural sunlight because my brown spots are completely unnoticeable when enough light is around, or if it's really dark and I'm in a club or something. My skin isn't too dark or light, kind of an in between tan color so I think the sun actually compliments it. It's the lighting in places like Target, Walmart, public restrooms, some colleges/schools that I can look like crap in and see all my spots. I hate leaving my apartment thinking "hey I look pretty good today!" because the lighting in my apt. is pretty kind lighting...But then I go to college and go to the bathroom there and see that I don't look nearly as clear as I thought and I can see every little blemish. I get pretty self conscious in certain public places with bright white lighting so I know how you feel..

I used to feel SO bad about going in sunlight, or just being in a bright room.

I practically screamed at my mom once when she turned on the light because I looked really bad. 0.0

Natural lighting brings about all the bumps on my face....at times they actually cast shadows..gets me down sometimes.

I totally know how you feel. I used to look in a mirror when I was outside and be like wth i look so much worse than when I was inside. Try to avoid looking in the mirror while your outdoors. On the brightside, your eyes probably look nice in the natural light.

The car mirrors and store lights get to me, too. I can sit in my house and look in the mirror and think that I'm doing a great job and what I'm doing is working. As soon as I get in the car or walk around in a department store, I feel so horrible (and that's with makeup on). Makes me feel like I'm doing all of this for nothing. I keep reminding myself that this damage didn't occur overnight and I'm not going to get rid of it overnight. It will take time. At the same time, I want these marks, scars, bumps, and spots gone as soon as possible. It's a never-ending cycle.

I can relate also. Particularly about the thinking you look acceptable when you're indoors and then catching sight of yourself again when you're out and feeling horrified experience. Somewhere inside I keep on mustering up the strength to bounce back and to some extent forget what I look like (that's the only reason I'm still able to semi-function sadly), but sooner or later you can't help seeing yourself in the car wing mirror or wherever and that's when my insides basically feel like they're being torn out due to the shock at seeing something completely different to what you thought you would see. It's amazing how drastically one inadvertant sighting of your reflection can change your mood, even if you do your best not to let it affect your day.

One or two years ago I'd only ever look at myself when the curtains were drawn or when I knew the lighting was flattering enough that I wouldn't be completely shocked by my reflection. That was the only way I could manage to leave the house really, otherwise I'd find my appearance so horrific that there would be no chance I'd let anyone else see me. Nowadays I'm a little better and don't partake so much in these strange rituals in order to try and do my hair or makeup in pitch black darkness but I still can't bear to see myself in bright daylight or most types of artificial lighting.

On a related note... when I see other people check their faces in little pocket mirrors or catch glimpses of themselves in their rearview mirrors and not be repulsed by what they see it still comes as quite a shock to me because I've never known what it's like to be like that. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to feel comfortable and not disgusted by what you see in the mirror. I guess what gets to me above all else and makes me so uncomfortable is the fact that I have so many scars and permanent texture damage through so many years of breaking out. The acne itself I can deal with now, but seeing the same indentations and raised scar tissue everytime I see myself is still hard to accept, especially knowing that they're not going anywhere soon. :doubt:

Changing room lighting usually sucks something rotten, and fluorescent lights should be banned altogether.

For me, it's not so much the car mirrors as it is the car WINDOWS. Oh my god.

Whenever I catch a glimpse of my reflection in a car window, I practically want to scream. I think it's a combination of the overhead lighting and the reflection from below, but....DAMN, I really, really hope I don't look like that to anyone else.