Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I recently started back on the DK regimen and also use an AHA product at night (which I've been doing for a couple months as well). Since I'm using AHA, I need an SPF product for those sunny days. I have been using Paula's Choice Skin Ballancing Mattifying Lotion SPF 15 on and off since I started using AHA, but I've just recently started clearing up again since going back on the regimen.

My question is, does anybody know if this Paula's Choice product is non-comedogenic? It doesn't specifically say so on the bottle, which worries me. As I said before, I've used the product before, but that's while I was still getting breakouts, so I'm not sure if it was the product or just a regular breakout due to my break from the regimen. I tried calling the customer service and they basically said "All our products are made to as non-irritating as possible, but we can't guarantee anything, etc. etc." Not really a big help.

Any information or experience with this product?

I've checked the ingredients list and nothing sticks out to me as being problematic for acne-prone skin. The Skin Balancing line of products are generally geared towards oily/acne-prone skin so I highly doubt Paula would stick ingredients in there that would pose a problem for people with breakouts. Also, the lotion is in a lightweight base so there are probably not too many waxy fillers/emollients that could exacerbate breakouts.

Paula is against using the term non-comedogenic in her products because "there is no approved or regulated standard for that assertion." (Paula B.)