Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnejean

Never eating fruit again!!

This happened to me twice. First with a peach and then with a plum [in the pic].

I take a bite and notice there's something growing inside the fruit by the seed.

Let me just say it wasn't pleasant at all.

I guess this is what I get for not buying organic or do you think this could happen to any fruit?

http://i37.tinypic.com/w2zk1.png

I was going to cut down on my fruit anyways but this surely jump started it!

OMG Gross!! I also hate it when your eating a delicious but slightly off tasting apple, only to figure out the core has rotted when it's too late.

OMGWTFBBQ!!!

That's pretty gross really. If I saw that coming out of my fruit I'd probably go run outside and call the police.

ew. but i think this can happen to any fruit. Looks like something was eating it from the inside out. Maybe its the store you are buying it from.

How about finding a better source of fresh fruits? Getting a bad fruit from a store is a very poor reason to remove one of the most nutritious food on the face of the earth.

Nut butters are often made from low quality moldy nuts. Ground meat is often made from meat that sat on shelves for too long. Most grain products are made from old grain that has set in silos for months or years. Almost all oils in grocery stores are rancid. This hardly constitutes a good argument to eliminate any of those food ( those food being healthy or not is irrelevant here).

oh thats gross.

thankfully ive never encountered anything like that.

to the person above: what do you recommend as the best place to get oils? if an oil says extra virgin/coldpressed is it almost certain to be good or are these often rancid too? i like extra virgin olive oil, however the one time i bought a container of it only to find that it had a yellow color and stale taste and the label clearly said extra virgin. now i know extra virgin olive oil should be a rich green color with a deep olive taste, right?

How about finding a better source of fresh fruits? Getting a bad fruit from a store is a very poor reason to remove one of the most nutritious food on the face of the earth.

Nut butters are often made from low quality moldy nuts. Ground meat is often made from meat that sat on shelves for too long. Most grain products are made from old grain that has set in silos for months or years. Almost all oils in grocery stores are rancid. This hardly constitutes a good argument to eliminate any of those food ( those food being healthy or not is irrelevant here).

I think peaches and plums are just risky fruits in general. I remember going through one summer where local peaches/plums were plentiful but often contained multiple varieties of critters. When I could find a good one, they were delicious, but since they didn't coat them in pesticides, critters were a real problem. The only other fruit I've ever had problems with are apples. You're more likely to avoid problems with fruits that have thicker exteriors- citrus and bananas, for example. I haven't seen too many wormy berries either, but I imagine they're weeded out because they're so small that it would be obvious.

no, i said i was cutting down on fruit. not cutting them out completely because it's moldy. i'm cutting them down because of all the sugar even if it's natural. plus i have weak enamel as it is.

i live in the middle of nowhere so there's not many options for shopping. i know there are alternatives to fruit like frozen.

I say screw fruit for good, if you have even the tiniest bit of candida...

I have been eating apples, and my skin is not looking good.

Fuit IMO, should be limited.

Another thing I wanted to say, most foods are shitty these days, even organic foods...

I talked to a local guy at an organic store, lengthy about why foods are screwed up,and was asking him about local farmers markets....and he said, even those fruits/foods..are not totally safe...far as quality, ext...apparently alot of people, without acne...but have other ailments, are increasingly becomming aware of the hidden dangers in foods, everyweher..andnnpow are shopping organic/farmers markets..

The bad thing about this scenerio is that whenthe masses, start to want whatever product/produce...usually the quantity becomes PLENTIFUL, and the QUALITY, goes down..

Basically even the holistic people, at farmers markets ext...are not saints either..

It starts to become more about how much, and how fas can we produce it...and less about taking time, and making sure food is quality.

I am looking into gardening, and buying good/quality soil/seeds...so I can start growing my foods...

This is no bull.

This is why I always buy frozen fruit. Even if it's non-organic, it still doesn't have the same number of pesticide applications as fresh fruit; and there's virtually no chance of anything growing inside.

This thread shows why I eat almost no fruit. It is nasty. It's all about eating beef, chicken, and milk! Hollaa!!!!!!

As if a batch of rotten meat or milk with the complimentary white maggots was any more pleasing. Not to mention that a huge majority of people out there would never even be able to harvest meat from a corpse.

As if a batch of rotten meat or milk with the complimentary white maggots was any more pleasing. Not to mention that a huge majority of people out there would never even be able to harvest meat from a corpse.

Maggots are a good source of protein though.