Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lappj

How long post-tane can I start to spot treat?

I just finished an 8 month tane course, but still have 1-3 small spots on the cheeks. I was considering treating this with duac (5% benzoyle peroxide and 1% clydamicin). Should I wait a certain period of time before using a topical? Also, can using this medicine increase the likelihood of a red-mark forming after a pimple? What if some spread out from the spot I was treating and covered skin already with red marks? Would this affect those pre-formed redmarks?

Also, how long would you wait after a tane course to use a glycolic peel? A TCA peel?

thanks.

Congrats on being done!! :dance:

Tane stays in your system for a while so may be just let your skin be for a month or so. If the pimples havent gone away you might consider to spot treat with Duac.

For peels, you should wait at least 6 months since your skin will still be sensitive. Honestly, you'll be surprised that your skin does continue to improve when you're off tane so give it some time then reassess

Good luck!