Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

I have to exfoliate every couple of days

When i exfoliate a couple of days later the whole rough feeling skin starts to come back and then the flaky (dead) skin starts to show on my face. Has anyone else has this problem and managed to overcome it?

Definately. If I don't exfoliate regularly my skin looks really dull and sallow, and I get little flakies. At night when Im using an oil cleanser to remove my sunscreen, I just gentle massage my face with the soft side of a baby washcloth. This works really well for me. I also use Taz gel though which is mildly exfoliating, and I do a lactic acid peel once a month to help treat my red spots. But even with the taz and acid, I still need some manual exfoliation.

Oh yeah, I suggested some micellar cleansers the other day to you, I think Im going to try one of these too because its a pain to have to carry a huge jug of distilled water into the bathroom every time I cleanse. Im trying Vichy Calming Cleansing solution, which gets good reviews by sensitive acne-prones.

Oh yeah, I suggested some micellar cleansers the other day to you, I think Im going to try one of these too because its a pain to have to carry a huge jug of distilled water into the bathroom every time I cleanse. Im trying Vichy Calming Cleansing solution, which gets good reviews by sensitive acne-prones.

That looks like it could be a helpful cleanser. Sounds like it wont dry skin out so ill certainly have a look at it. I use a little cloth and carefully rub it in areas i feel need exfoliating. It really makes my skin so smooth, one day im hoping it will stay that way lol.

I need to exfoliate every 4 days too because I have seb derm (according to the 3 derms I saw), I use fine sea salt to exfoliate and it works great, I tried baking soda but it's too harsh, it made me break out and didn't exfoliate very well.

The internal reason can be candida, parasites, food intolerances, bad digestion, vitamins deficiencies, hormones... You name it!

I'm trying hard to figure it out.

I exfoliate twice a day when im in the shower and its doing wonders for my skin! i only have one small spot on my cheek but otherwise really clear! paul mate, try clinique's exfoliating skin scrub for men- you can get it from boots and thats what i use. honestly the best thing i've done for my skin.

I exfoliate twice a day when im in the shower and its doing wonders for my skin! i only have one small spot on my cheek but otherwise really clear! paul mate, try clinique's exfoliating skin scrub for men- you can get it from boots and thats what i use. honestly the best thing i've done for my skin.

Thanks for the recomendation, does it make your face feel smooth and soft afterwards? Ive used products before but havnt found that they really make me feel like i have actually exfoliated, only using the cloth does and i dont really want to be doing that due to possbile irratation.

yeah man it really does leave your skin feeling really soft! i used to use when i was preparing my night time routine, but found that the absence of continual warm water (ie, like in a shower) to leave my skin more irritated. i never really believed in exfoliation till i started regularly applying it- honestly the first time i used it on my skin it felt like i'd just come up for air after a really long time underwater- so fresh and rejuvinated! the product i mentioned is a bit pricey though, about £20, but i've found it to be well worth it.

whats a good way to exfoliate without getting any cleansers from the store. With stuff that would probably already be in my house.

whats a good way to exfoliate without getting any cleansers from the store. With stuff that would probably already be in my house.

Sea salt.

To answer someone's question about a way to exfoliate with something in your house...I use brown sugar with my regular cleanser (Purpose Gentle Cleanser). You can use regular sugar but I find that brown sugar is less harsh...it's softer. I do it every other day because I too notice my skin is doing better with more frequent exfoliations. If you don't want to use it with your cleanser, you could just mix it with water.

Leaves the skin nice and soft. Well, mine anyway! :)

Baking soda is very fine, therefore a gentle exfoliator. But it's also very alkaline so you need to follow up with a toner to restore PH. you can use diluted ACV.

I need to exfoliate every 4 days too because I have seb derm (according to the 3 derms I saw), I use fine sea salt to exfoliate and it works great, I tried baking soda but it's too harsh, it made me break out and didn't exfoliate very well.

The internal reason can be candida, parasites, food intolerances, bad digestion, vitamins deficiencies, hormones... You name it!

I'm trying hard to figure it out.

I've tried baking soda as well and it made me break out too in little pimples/whitheads, I think I'm going to try the fine sea salt idea.

Definately. If I don't exfoliate regularly my skin looks really dull and sallow, and I get little flakies. At night when Im using an oil cleanser to remove my sunscreen, I just gentle massage my face with the soft side of a baby washcloth. This works really well for me. I also use Taz gel though which is mildly exfoliating, and I do a lactic acid peel once a month to help treat my red spots. But even with the taz and acid, I still need some manual exfoliation.

Ok, sorry if anyone got this, but if not DONT. I tried it out and it gave me an itchy rash. Of course if your skin isnt that sensitive it might be fine. I think it was the rose extract, I can never use "natural" brands in the health store because all the extracts irritate my skin. I went back to my favorite cleanser, La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser and I fell back in love with it. Just to let everyone know=)

Once again today i just touched my face abit and the amount of dead skin on it is gross. Its literally everywhere: my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. :(