Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using benzaclin before I go on accutane, my doctor thought it might help me out during my waiting period before my first prescription...

BUT IT'S MAKING MY SKIN CRACK!!! It's so dry that it is physically painful to the touch and bleeding. Not good.

I've been putting aloe on it, but that shit burns on open skin. Plus, I've never felt it was really all that moisturizing...

Any suggestions on what I could try? Hydrocortizone?

owwiiieeee :(

Usually when my skin gets really dry to the point it's hurting I'll use a honey mask.

I'll wash my face at the beginning of a bath since it's usually easier to do than a shower, then once it's clean I'll apply the honey and go about my usual cleansing routine, gently washing off the honey before a head out from the tub.

If your skins really bad it'll probably take more than one - though since it's honey it wont hurt your skin if you use it multiple days in a row. (:

Other than that I've found the Aveeno ultra calming night cream to be good, this saved my poor face when I tried to use BP on it again in hopes it would clear up my skin after I didn't keep up with my regimen on a trip. Sadly though it man my face hurt to the touch, hurt to even open my mouth, and lobster red just after one use. :redface:

I've never found it hard to wash off - it's usually very easy.

and nine times out of ten while your bathing it likes to slowly drip down your skin so it will feel a little odd if your not used to it. :lol: