Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tangerine tomato

does the effect of bp wear off after time?

Some people have reported that, but most don't. Those who do go on to use SA or various other kinds of treatments. I wouldn't worry about it until it happens, if it happens at all!

or will it work forever for me ??? i've been using it for 4 years and i dont know what i'll do if it stops working b/c nothing else works

I started using 5% bp face wash and it cleared up my skin. My skin was completely clear for 2 1/2 years. Just last month I started breaking out again. I think the bp stopped working for me :cry: . Now I have no idea what I should use, nothing else worked for me. I think maybe I shouldn’t of used it everyday. I should of only used it like once a week or only if I really needed it :wall: . Be careful!

You cannot become immune to BP, but your acne can get worse and make it harder for the BP to keep it clear.

Also, sometimes when we have a routine for awhile, we start to get lax on it and our skin will reap the consequences.

The nature of BP suggests that you can't be "immune" to it, persay. It attacks bacteria, and there's very little getting around that. However, the body evolves, and if you started using BP as a teenager (or really, at any point in your life) it's possible that your chemistry could change enough for it to stop working. But generally, people seem to be fine with it over long periods of time.