Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using Dan's regimen for about 2 years now. It has worked great for me, and I am clearer than I have ever been since I started having acne problems. However, my issue is that it bleaches EVERYTHING!!! I cannot have anything other than a white pillowcase on my bed - I bought a new blue comforter and after a week it was completely ruined by bleaching. Most of my collared work shirts get the tops bleached (they tend to turn an odd orange color) and...possibly the worst...a few weekends ago I slept over at my boyfriend's house and I was laying with my head on his shirt (his DARK BLUE shirt). In the morning when I woke up he had a HUGE orange-bleachy stain on his shirt...right where my cheek had been. I did not even apply the BP that night - it was from that morning! I acted like I had no idea what it was - and he had no idea either...but it was horrifying!!!! This makes me want to find an alternative means of treating my acne - I feel like I have to constantly go through life not letting my face touch ANYTHING because it will bleach it...ugh. Anyone else have this problem?

I have been using Dan's regimen for about 2 years now. It has worked great for me, and I am clearer than I have ever been since I started having acne problems. However, my issue is that it bleaches EVERYTHING!!! I cannot have anything other than a white pillowcase on my bed - I bought a new blue comforter and after a week it was completely ruined by bleaching. Most of my collared work shirts get the tops bleached (they tend to turn an odd orange color) and...possibly the worst...a few weekends ago I slept over at my boyfriend's house and I was laying with my head on his shirt (his DARK BLUE shirt). In the morning when I woke up he had a HUGE orange-bleachy stain on his shirt...right where my cheek had been. I did not even apply the BP that night - it was from that morning! I acted like I had no idea what it was - and he had no idea either...but it was horrifying!!!! This makes me want to find an alternative means of treating my acne - I feel like I have to constantly go through life not letting my face touch ANYTHING because it will bleach it...ugh. Anyone else have this problem?

You are not the only one.. Me too... But I only just started BP not so long ago. May be 1-2 months and my pillow cases, comforter, tee shirt collar, etc.. started to bleach. Actually, not only Dan's BP, any BP bleaches. However, if BP works the best, I can't afford to stop now. I have no idea what to do too... May be just give me more excuses to buy more new clothes and bedsheet set???

My husband and I just started using the regimen, and in the fist night our pale blue pillow cases were bleached and ruined. I am not much for white sheets (I have blue and brown colored sheets to coordinate with my decor), and I certainly don't want to bleach my clothing. I wasn't expecting the problem to be this pronounced. Does anyone have any more tips or suggestions beyond those listed in the link? If not, the bleaching aspect of the regimen may not be worth it to fix our light-to-moderate acne issue. It really is a bummer.

My husband and I just started using the regimen, and in the fist night our pale blue pillow cases were bleached and ruined. I am not much for white sheets (I have blue and brown colored sheets to coordinate with my decor), and I certainly don't want to bleach my clothing. I wasn't expecting the problem to be this pronounced. Does anyone have any more tips or suggestions beyond those listed in the link? If not, the bleaching aspect of the regimen may not be worth it to fix our light-to-moderate acne issue. It really is a bummer.

Some fabrics seem to bleach more than others. This isn't a tip so much as a notice, since I haven't figured out how to predict if a given fabric will bleach or not. I have candle blue cotton sheets and pillowcases, and those have never bleached, even though I rub my face all over them, while jersey sheets and t-shirts or most colors bleach pretty readily, it seems. You might consider buying some inexpensive white pillowcases and changing your pillowcases from the nice ones to the white ones before bed, or even keeping white pillows for sleeping in your closet to swap out for the décor pillows each night. Not the most convenient way to live, but if having your bedroom look pretty and coordinated during the day is important to you, it might be a good idea to have some secret junky pillowcases to actually sleep on and not worry about.

I don't think so. I avoid putting on my shirt, going to bed, etc. after putting it on for at least 20 minutes or so, and i've had no problems with it bleaching. Not one item of mine has been bleached so far. But im thinking some of you guys may sweat during sleep or whatever, which might cause bleaching. Same goes for bleaching collers. But like i said, nothing my face has touched has bleached. I might be the only one xD

I only use about a pea sized amount on my forehead in the morning, and i leave that on until the next morning when i do it all over again. My pillow cases still get bleached.

I think bleaching also depends a lot on the dye and quality of the fabric. Some blue/green dyes seem to bleach out quite easily with BP or even deodorant. When I used BP on my back, it was only fabrics with blue/green in them that turned yellow or pink.

I'd also suggest not washing/drying your sheets with fabric softener. It's essentially a layer of grease that allows fabrics to pick up dirt faster and probably increases the likelihood of fabric bleaching because the BP just clings onto the pillowcase. Your best bet is to get higher thread count white pillowcases so you don't need to use the fabric softener (plus they are less irritating).