Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kezzar

MAC MAKEUP!!

Hey girlies (and boys?!) :)

Basically, i've heard great things about MAC makeup... so, i've been on the website and im gona order some i think :)

BUT, im struggling to understand the colour codes they have! :S

I have really really really pale skin .. palest they come, so like, do i just order the lightest colour cod they have?! If anyone buys it, or maybe someone who works there who could poss help me out i would be really grateful!!!! :)

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xxxxx

I have super pale skin, too, and I use the NW 15.

On the MAC website's color guide (when you're looking at your selection of foundations, there's a "Shade Guide" link with all the info), it tells you how to determine your undertones: Look at your forearm. If your veins look bluish, then you have probably have pink undertones and need the NW shades. If your veins look more greenish, then you probably have golden undertones and should use the NC shades.

There is also a MAC message board if you need more help called, I think, Specktra.

I would strongly suggest finding a MAC counter at a department store and asking one of the sales associates. MAC colours are NOT easy to match to your skin based on the online swatches. Even if you are really pale, I still think your best bet is to go to MAC in person - that is of course assuming there is a MAC nearby.

Actually, your best bet would probably be not to use MAC foundation at all. :ninja:

I would strongly suggest finding a MAC counter at a department store and asking one of the sales associates. MAC colours are NOT easy to match to your skin based on the online swatches. Even if you are really pale, I still think your best bet is to go to MAC in person - that is of course assuming there is a MAC nearby.

Actually, your best bet would probably be not to use MAC foundation at all. :ninja:

thanks for all your advice guys!!! :)

Your both right... awesome!!!x x x

I used to have their color guide down to a science. I even told my friends the exact shades they should use. Can't remember anymore :P. As said above, physically go to the store if you can. No S&H to pay, and they pay their artists to be nice.

I have heard of MAC being known to cause acne even in people who don't have acne. This is particularly true with their studiofix line. I know 2 people with clear and normal skin who broke out from this and i've read reviews online about this causing zits too.

i would also recommend going to a mac counter if you can. it's very difficult to pick colors online; they never look the same as in person. also, there are quite a few foundations to choose from, and an associate can help you pick one based on your needs. you can also email them if you don't have access to a counter.

as far as mac breaking people out; well, everyone's going to react differently to different products. the one thing i will say about mac foundations are that most have pretty good staying power and can be difficult to get completely off. i would recommend using a make-up remover such as their cleanse off oil. it's awesome. :wub: