Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
polerz

Chest and back acne

Hi there,

I'll start with my chest:

I've always had acne on my shoulders and back but up until last year I had nothing on my chest. Last year when I broke out on my chest quite badly, I went to a beauty theropist and she did a deep sea peel (pretty much sanded my skin), twice, and then it cleared up completely up until now (about 8 months). I have broken out again on my chest, so I went to get another deep sea peel, worked well, cleared most of it up but some pimples were still appearing. I just got another one on the weekend and hopefully this will clear it up.

My questions about this deep sea peel:

- If the pimples have white heads on them can I squeeze them? I dont want to be wearing my shirt at work and all of a sudden it pops and blood goes all over my shirt. I usually squeeze white head pimples in the shower.

- I train in the gym a fair bit and I know this is causing the acne (I'm not going to stop training), I've started using Clearasil Wipes after the gym, are these ok to use after the peel? The wipes are located here:

- Can I use medicated soap on the area of the deep sea peel? Or benzoyl piroxide? Or should I wait a few weeks until I use these types of products which aim at drying the area out.

- The only thing the beauty theropist said not to do was exfoliate for about a month after the peel. She seems quite clueless though and I'm in the process of looking for another one.

Onto my back:

- I've checked out this back regiment on the website located here:

- I use benzac AC face wash on my face and that has worked very well for me over the years. I tried using it on my back and it did nothing for it. The only BP products I can see at the chemist are: - which I haven't tried. Is this BP product strong enough? or should I go get a stronger BP. If so where do I get stronger BP?

The websites didnt come up in that original post, I'll try again:

Back regiment: .http://www.acne.org/back-acne.html

BP products at the chemist: .http://www.onlinepharmacynz.com/images/products/490-122-Benzac_AC_acne_gel_2_009.jpg

Clearasil wipes: .http://www.onlinepharmacynz.com/images/products/128-14-Clearasil_Ultra_Deep_Pore_f.jpg

Chest:

- No you shouldn't squeeze them, but I find that gently removing the whitehead with something like toilet paper is okey.

- If you want to use a product containing salicylic acid I would choose a cream rather than those Clearasil pads.

- The skin on the body is wuite rough so I don't think it would be a problem using a harsh cleanser. However, my experience is that a medicated cleanser is pretty much worthless in treating acne. When it comes to Pityrosporum Folliculitis you might have more success with a medicated cleanser, but a leave on product is still the best thing to use if you are going to use topicals.

- if you want to exfoliate I would buy Mandelic Acid from Vivant if I were you. If you don't want it or can't afford it you could use something like Glycolic Acid.

Back: Buy dan's BP

Chest:

- No you shouldn't squeeze them, but I find that gently removing the whitehead with something like toilet paper is okey.

- If you want to use a product containing salicylic acid I would choose a cream rather than those Clearasil pads.

- The skin on the body is wuite rough so I don't think it would be a problem using a harsh cleanser. However, my experience is that a medicated cleanser is pretty much worthless in treating acne. When it comes to Pityrosporum Folliculitis you might have more success with a medicated cleanser, but a leave on product is still the best thing to use if you are going to use topicals.

- if you want to exfoliate I would buy Mandelic Acid from Vivant if I were you. If you don't want it or can't afford it you could use something like Glycolic Acid.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I use the clearasil pads because it's easy after the gym to wipe down in the toilet (more of a convenience thing). My experience tells me the same about medicated soaps, they did shit all for my body or face.

Can I use the wipes as a form of cleanser then cake it in BP? I baught some 10% BP yesterday and overnight there's a noticeable difference. Is Dan's BP 10%? I'm from Australia, and the 10% BP comes in a little tube and is about $14AUD. Can Dan's BP be shipped to AUS?

As an exfoliator I use the Clearasil deep pour scrub which works well on my face. Can I use this on my body? Or is it too weak... I've heard you should only exfoliate any part of your body twice a week (max), as there's a problem with over exfoliating. I also use a lufer in the shower which is a form of exfoliant.

Chest:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I use the clearasil pads because it's easy after the gym to wipe down in the toilet (more of a convenience thing). My experience tells me the same about medicated soaps, they did shit all for my body or face.

Can I use the wipes as a form of cleanser then cake it in BP? I baught some 10% BP yesterday and overnight there's a noticeable difference. Is Dan's BP 10%? I'm from Australia, and the 10% BP comes in a little tube and is about $14AUD. Can Dan's BP be shipped to AUS?

As an exfoliator I use the Clearasil deep pour scrub which works well on my face. Can I use this on my body? Or is it too weak... I've heard you should only exfoliate any part of your body twice a week (max), as there's a problem with over exfoliating. I also use a lufer in the shower which is a form of exfoliant.

No you shouldn't use those wipes as a cleanser. No, dan's BP is 2,5%. Yes, Dan ships to Australia.

I don't know much about the Clearasil deep pour scrub, but I guess it contains 2% Salicylic Acid like most Clearasil products. You can without a problem exfoliate the body more than twice a week.

Have you considered that it's not acne but Pityrosporum Folliculitis? I just want to help and I don't want to see you using years trying to treat the wrong condition.

Chest:

No you shouldn't use those wipes as a cleanser. No, dan's BP is 2,5%. Yes, Dan ships to Australia.

I don't know much about the Clearasil deep pour scrub, but I guess it contains 2% Salicylic Acid like most Clearasil products. You can without a problem exfoliate the body more than twice a week.

Have you considered that it's not acne but Pityrosporum Folliculitis? I just want to help and I don't want to see you using years trying to treat the wrong condition.

I doubt its Pityrosporum Folliculitis. Since using BP 10% on my chest it has cleared up completely. Do I keep using the BP on it? or only when I see a pimple forming? (I still cleanse and wipe the area).

The BP has done OK on my shoulders/back, I will keep applying it to my shoulders/back and see how it goes.

I would keep using BP on your chest to prevent recurrences.

I heard off the theropist that using too much BP can over dry the skin which causes it to produce more oil?

I would keep using BP on your chest to prevent recurrences.

I heard off the theropist that using too much BP can over dry the skin which causes it to produce more oil?

Clearly thats not an issue since it has managed to keep your acne at bay on the chest. I would continue using what works:)