Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tangerine tomato

How common is it to have acne?

to be honest, its pretty uncommon. every website ive seen says that nearly 100% of people experience acne, and its true, but only a small portion of those people actually require treatment for their faces.

and yea, my high school kids had pretty clear skin too. i can only think of a few friends who have mild/moderate acne.

i remember i was with my friends a while back and they were talkin about their skin and how they used toothpaste to get rid of their pimples. i wish my skin were that complacent...i dont have much acne at all anymore but still, my skin is quite stubborn when it comes to treatment.

to be honest, its pretty uncommon. every website ive seen says that nearly 100% of people experience acne, and its true, but only a small portion of those people actually require treatment for their faces.

and yea, my high school kids had pretty clear skin too. i can only think of a few friends who have mild/moderate acne.

i remember i was with my friends a while back and they were talkin about their skin and how they used toothpaste to get rid of their pimples. i wish my skin were that complacent...i dont have much acne at all anymore but still, my skin is quite stubborn when it comes to treatment.

it seems like when i was a kid i saw people with acne a lot more

What kind of school do you go to? I go to a prep school chock full of obnoxious rich kids, and there's a lot of perfect skin going around. But I've gotten confessions from a good number of people that their rich parents got them Accutane for their mild acne, or have had them on prescription acne medication since 6th grade. In contrast, I do notice that my local public school (which I would've attended out of public middle school, but I left for potentially greener pastures) there are definitely more acne cases. Mild acne abound.

What kind of school do you go to? I go to a prep school chock full of obnoxious rich kids, and there's a lot of perfect skin going around. But I've gotten confessions from a good number of people that their rich parents got them Accutane for their mild acne, or have had them on prescription acne medication since 6th grade. In contrast, I do notice that my local public school (which I would've attended out of public middle school, but I left for potentially greener pastures) there are definitely more acne cases. Mild acne abound.

well i go to a public school but i live in orange county and im sure you've seen the t.v. shows lol so it's a pretty affluent area....

but when i was a kid i lived in a not as affluent area and i saw a lot more acne

so yeah

i thought that could have something to do with it but i wasnt sure

I've always heard that it's really common etc.

But outside of statistics, barely anyone seems to have persistant acne.

T-zone (forehead, nose, chin) acne seems to come up now and again, but anything more than that is (here anyway) pretty rare...

But I get landed with it

:(

I go to a school that has some kids like me who are from middle to upper-middle class households, but it's mostly low income families. All the really rich kids in the area go to expensive private schools in neighboring towns.

I've noticed that most of my friends are like me, with very, very mild acne, only a whitehead or two on occasion (my acne was badly mild at the beginning of the summer but I found a good regimen and it's really clear now). However, a good deal of kids have moderate acne, and one boy that I see in the cafeteria has the worst acne I've ever seen in person. I feel sorry for him, he's the only one in the school with horrendous acne. He has band-aids all over his face because his pimples and cysts must pop and bleed horribly when he shaves. It looks really painful.